major issues with my device

ledgendquality

Reaction score
when i turn on my Droid 2 global now majority of the times the backlight comes on onscreen but nohting welse, i get no picture. sometimes the display works after a while but rarely. when the screen does start working and i slit up the keyboard and put the phone into landscape the scene fills with what looks like multicolored static and sometimes the i can make out what i was looking at as if it was stopped midway through orientation to landscape. this problem started yesterday after i got in the car with my family and during that time it would static/stop through reorientaton but after about a second or two it would right it self into the correct position. is there anything at all i can do? is this software or hardware? i have no idea as to how to procede and i really don't want to break my phone.

i have it on right now so i can access the appstore if need be.

leobg

Reaction score
Sounds like the flex cable that connects the two halves of the phone is damaged. Or said otherwise - hardware problem. Replacing this cable isn't really the easiest thing to do. If the phone is under warranty, you should have it exchanged under warranty by Verizon.

OP
L

ledgendquality

Reaction score
how could it have been damaged?

it was incredibly hot yesterday where i live could that have done anything? I've never dropped or damaged this phone so im trying to figure out how it happened

and could that the trouble when i turn on my phone and dont recieve a display but the backlight of the screen is on?

Last edited:

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
The cable can be easily killed by placing the phone in a pocket with a credit card or the like inside. If you're unlucky and the card somehow ends up between the two parts of the phone, it cuts the cable easily.

leobg

Reaction score
How old is the phone? Wear and tear is not impossible. If you open and close the phone enough many times, cable eventually will wear out and fail. I have seen this happening on many slider phones, D2G isn't immune I guess.