Major issues with my 5.4 install

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by bowhuntr09, Jun 8, 2011.

1. bowhuntr09

bowhuntr09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I managed to get 5.4 installed last night which cleared up market issues I was having. I followed all the recommendations in the how to install 5.x sticky. It seemed to be running good. This morning when I got up the phone which was on the charger all night was locked up, I had to do a battery pull. I flashed the MV kernel and it ran good most of the day but this afternoon it started giving me fits again.

So far I have tried the 1Ghz LV and MV kernels. I have always been able to run 1Ghz LV up till now.

The phone gets really hot just in my pocket. It reboots without warning when I try to do anything on it.

Any ideas to help me clear this up?

2. bigeric828

bigeric828 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You wipe everything 3x? I'd redownload the file and then re-put it on ur sd card. If you don't need your apps right away, don't reinstall any apps. Maybe an app is acting weird.

3. bowhuntr09

bowhuntr09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I wiped everything 3x, just an old habit. I've been playing with kernels and as I went lower (to 800) the issues got worse. It got to the point of just rebooting sitting on the desk with out me doing anything on it at all. I just loaded a 1.1Ghz LV and it seems good right now. I will keep an eye on it and see how it does.

4. shane1

shane1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a lot of issues with kernals on 5.4 only one that's been workin good for me is med 800 all the others had a lot of random reboots

5. chasmanian

chasmanian Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had similar issues. after a few days of that, I reflashed the rom over top of itself without wiping and have had no issues since.

6. bowhuntr09

bowhuntr09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So far I have 12 hours in with the 1.1 LV kernel and no issues so far.