MAJOR internet troubles today!

OP
zMd113

zMd113

Reaction score
WTF?! I had problems also this morning. I did a batt pull, recycle, *228, called tech support twice, and nothing. Then it just cleared up. Im in Oklahoma city, ok.hmmm

I'm in Oklahoma City too, it must have been something local to us then.

OP
zMd113

zMd113

Reaction score
Yes I know phones don't go bad in 30 days, but crap it's a $600 phone it better work whenever I want it to.
PDAnet works fine I'm using it right now to talk and other apps are running as they should it's just the internet that is screwed up.
And yes I do clear cache, cookies, history, etc. I know how to take care of electronics.

You, sir (or madam) whatever the case may be, are talking like a jackass. Cell/3G service is just that, a service. It is susceptible to interruption just like cable internet, TV, the power, etc. You have one little issue for a short period of time, and are ready to blow a gasket and call the device a piece of trash? You, my friend, have alot to learn in life. Somehow, I think you are a rather young person with overblown expectations.

And you sir are talking like a total tool! I pay over $70 bucks a month for a $600 device to let me surf the internet WHENEVER I want. You however listen to Verison and other such companies and take what they say as acceptable. I won't take crap from you or Verison or anyone else for that matter. Not being able to use the internet on my phone for 4+ hours is not acceptable at all unless they warn me about technical updates and such. It's a PHONE not a computer, I'm not downloading huge files, or using PhotoShop on it I'm surfing the internet, a basic run of the mill dumb phone can do that. So when stuff doesn't work right for long periods of time I'm not going to sit back and say "oh well". I rely on this thing a lot for basic functions such as email and text, if it can't do that consistently then I'll use something else. Happy now?

OP
zMd113

zMd113

Reaction score
the funniest part about this thread is that if we were all on AT&T, you wouldn't hear hardly any of these complaints

Yeah, ever since I joined Verison I haven't had a single dropped call.

JCo352

Reaction score
For you people in Oklahoma City, has the Droid X been found yet? I see on twitter were the coordinates have been released a while ago, but it doesn't show someone has picked it up yet. I would try, but that's like 270 miles away from me lol. Oh and that video is funny, "give it a second, it's going to SPACE" lol.

OP
zMd113

zMd113

Reaction score
Not that I know of, I am going to go to my local Verison store to look at one, not to buy just to play around with it. I love my Incredible, and I like that I can fit it in my pocket.

JCo352

Reaction score
Not that I know of, I am going to go to my local Verison store to look at one, not to buy just to play around with it. I love my Incredible, and I like that I can fit it in my pocket.

Why don't you try to find it?

OP
zMd113

zMd113

Reaction score
Oh your talking about that scavenger hunt thing. I haven't been paying attention, give me an idea of where to go and I'll give it a try tomorrow.

dennis meyer

Reaction score
my service was out around 5 this afternoon. pa. earlier someone recommended to remove app killer . i thought it was needed to keep apps off when not needed . also how do you keep the other things like caches cleaned up ? etc. etc .

OP
zMd113

zMd113

Reaction score
While using the browser: menu>more>settings>scroll down a little and you'll see options to clear cache, cookies, history, etc.

herbmmm

Reaction score
I find this thread interesting because I had no browser service in Pa. Tuesday evening for about 2 hours! I could check weather etc but not load my browser(XScope)! Finally cleared up and now everything is OK. Glad I didn't react like some people!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my service was out around 5 this afternoon. pa. earlier someone recommended to remove app killer . i thought it was needed to keep apps off when not needed . also how do you keep the other things like caches cleaned up ? etc. etc .

You don't need an app killer. It's OK to have one on your phone just don't set it to auto kill anything. Your Incredible will manage it's own memory just fine.

There is a cache cleaner app in the market, however it does clean one app at a time. You may want to check it out. For rooted phones there is CacheMate for Rooters, which will clean everything with a push of a button. It is a paid app, just a couple of dollar IIRC.

dennis meyer

Reaction score
app killer

thanks hook,
when i check the app killer it often says killed 18, 20 6 etc.,etc.apps. I thought i was helping my battery life.how important is cleaning cache ? what are the consequences?

OP
zMd113

zMd113

Reaction score
So far today it's been good, I have had some instances of 2 or 3 minutes of it not loading anything. I'm thinking something locally is being replaced or upgraded. Maybe the new LTE network or whatever it's called is being installed. Once again it was only the internet that was messed up nothing else. GPS, games, apps, etc. are all running perfectly. Definitely no where near as bad as yesterday, but still a concern.

franked

Reaction score
Sadly, yet understandably enough, nobody promises 100% uptime. Blips happen. Even long ones.

Just because I pay $400 a month for electricity doesn't mean that it will be on all the time. When a transformer blows, it could be out for days. The same with phone service.