Major Camera Problems With The Verizon HTC 10!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I really want to love the HTC 10. This is the first HTC phone I have really been excited about in more than a few years. Don't get me wrong I love HTC. The first smartphone I ever used was an HTC Touch. It's just the last several devices they have released have just been sort of ho hum.

The HTC 10 was supposed to be different with its Snapdragon 820 processor, 4GB of Ram, 5.2" QHD display, fingerprint scanner, Boom Sound 2.0 speakers, and metal build. The camera was actually supposed to be one of the main features having tied the DXoMark score of the Galaxy S7 Edge. For now the Verizon version of the HTC 10 is experiencing some very BIG camera problems.

Mainly the issue lies with the Autofocus. It just doesn't work. You have to manually tap to focus to get any type of focus other wise your screen is just a big blur. This also means that once you get your shot framed up and focused if anything changes or moves your camera instantly loses focus and you have to start over again.

This happened to me this evening at my daughter's kindergarten graduation. The situation was both annoying and stressful. As the family Tech Guru I was in charge of taking the photos. I nearly put my sim in the S7 Edge before leaving the house, but i figured this would be the perfect chance to test the camera. What a mistake that was.
Luckily with a bit of finagling I was able to get several decent shots.

After doing some research it looks like the unlocked version has received an update to 1.30 which fixes the camera issue. Too bad Verizon won't be paying much attention to the HTC 10. There is still no update for their version of the HTC 10. Hopefully this will come sooner than later.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Kindergraduation. UGH. Come on people, can we dispense with this nonsense?!?
I blame women for this....

(We just went to our preschool "graduation", so no I'm not making fun of you DMX....)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

(We just went to our preschool "graduation", so no I'm not making fun of you DMX....)

I agree. I sat through it with my daughter in kinder and my son is just finishing up TK and going into Kinder. My wife loves it and is so excited for it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

But that would be unfair.
As far as a graduation I don't think there's a phone camera out there that can compete with a DSLR for taking photos on stage when the phone is in the audience. Just put a wifi SD card in your DSLR, the companion app , and let the camera send the photos to your phone. Then you can either be honest and blow away the masses with what you just did or tell a fib and say your phone camera was the source. Either way you get the quality photos you seek and a quick way to share them.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And years and years and years later...what do we do with all these pics? Once in a while look at them. Gigabytes and gigabytes of old pics to sort through and say "one day I will organize these" and delete the ones I didn't like.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

badtoy1986

Reaction score

I really want to love the HTC 10. This is the first HTC phone I have really been excited about in more than a few years. Don't get me wrong I love HTC. The first smartphone I ever used was an HTC Touch. It's just the last several devices they have released have just been sort of ho hum.

The HTC 10 was supposed to be different with its Snapdragon 820 processor, 4GB of Ram, 5.2" QHD display, fingerprint scanner, Boom Sound 2.0 speakers, and metal build. The camera was actually supposed to be one of the main features having tied the DXoMark score of the Galaxy S7 Edge. For now the Verizon version of the HTC 10 is experiencing some very BIG camera problems.

Mainly the issue lies with the Autofocus. It just doesn't work. You have to manually tap to focus to get any type of focus other wise your screen is just a big blur. This also means that once you get your shot framed up and focused if anything changes or moves your camera instantly loses focus and you have to start over again.

This happened to me this evening at my daughter's kindergarten graduation. The situation was both annoying and stressful. As the family Tech Guru I was in charge of taking the photos. I nearly put my sim in the S7 Edge before leaving the house, but i figured this would be the perfect chance to test the camera. What a mistake that was.
Luckily with a bit of finagling I was able to get several decent shots.

After doing some research it looks like the unlocked version has received an update to 1.30 which fixes the camera issue. Too bad Verizon won't be paying much attention to the HTC 10. There is still no update for their version of the HTC 10. Hopefully this will come sooner than later.

This is why I don't buy locked phones any more.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
And years and years and years later...what do we do with all these pics? Once in a while look at them. Gigabytes and gigabytes of old pics to sort through and say "one day I will organize these" and delete the ones I didn't like.

I organize, delete and even tag mine.
Microsoft Photo Gallery that started in Windows 7 is so very amazing at organizing photos...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Although it is totally freaking madness, I do agree. I can't wait til my son is like 13 and says "Hey, Dad, can I see some baby pictures of me?"
Sure, son....here's 30,000!
(and that's only a slight exaggeration).

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Better to have digital access to them from anywhere than the shoeboxes of old pictures and slides that my parents have...

I also like to periodically go through and cull out the ones that got backed up to the cloud, but that I don't really care for.

Also, Kindergarten graduation? So glad they didn't pull that with my stepson.