Major announcement from blackDroid and DF

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by the blackdroid, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the blackdroid

the blackdroid Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    The team and I have come to the decision to pull support for rom manager. Supporting it at first seemed to be a great idea in order to give you guys, a better overall experience, but in light of new developments we will be pulling our support. We would like to let you know that we will be making out own rom managing utility and we are looking at .99 at the most to buy it. I really do appreciate you guys hanging in there with me over these many releases and months. I would like to continue to do ONLY what is in the best interest for the Android Community.

2. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We support this

droidforums.net would like to take the time to post about this also. This choice was a difficult one for BD and his team. Though after days of talks. It does seem to be the best thing for both Bd and the Android community. We support this choice 100%.

Df will be the exclusive place to get all of BlackDroids ROM for not only the Motorola Droid, but also a coming soon Nexus1 rom! That will be exclusive to our sister site nexusoneforums.net.

Please be aware Blackdroid and his team are working on their own ROM manager at this point in time. Until then his Rom's Will be available the usual way. Through SP Recovery either nandroid or update.zip style.

If you have any questions please post them here for us. We will all try to answer as much as we can for you. Thanks again

Miami

3. devildog9999

devildog9999 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to agree and support BD 100%. With the way things are going, it simply makes sense to make this move. This move will spark new development opportunities and promote even BETTER BD roms. It is a win win for all of us.

In my discussions with BD, I think that this move is meant to better his work, and the way it is released. I am essentially sure that the decision has merit, and is not meant to be a debate, but rather an announcement. The Android community will benefit greatly in the end with the methodology being used now by BD and his team of assistants.

4. srtfool32

srtfool32 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i completely agree with this decision based on upon the fact of wanting to be exclusive to the droidforum.net community. with future plans and things with ultimate droid and droidforums.net this will help make UD a lot better experience over all. We talked a lot about this before doing it, so it was not easy to decide to do.

*** back to sprecovery***

open up dmupdater form droidmod or rom manager and click flash sprevory!!!

5. choklitcow

choklitcow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting to say the least, although I never jumped on the RM bandwagon anyway. Can't wait to see what is in store for your new Rom Manager (as long as us who enjoy updating manually aren't forced to partake).

6. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS Active Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    so this rom management would be almost like rom manager? and are you going to use clockwork cause i really like it. keep up the good work blackdroid

7. RedBull

RedBull Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My only question is...I was going to jump to UD today using RM because of the customizability. Now that RM is not an option, will we be able to install UD, pick our own fonts, boot animations, etc...? If so...is this a matter of installing UD and then flashing one thing at a time?

8. Mojo

Mojo Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is great news to me! I never jumped on the ROM managerbandwagon either. So I can't wait either

9. srtfool32

srtfool32 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes, everything is still available through the repository through 9.0 thread. individual installs through sprecovery as naming it to update.zip.

10. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BlackDroid,

I have always found it best to follow my instincts in situations like this. No matter if they are even minor "distractions" (or not), they do take away from the creative talents of people like you and others (myself included).

DO YOUR THING, from what I have seen your instincts are TRUE and the support you have EARNED from many here speaks for itself!!!

Now, I am just excited to see what you got up your sleeve next!!

On a more personal note to you and the other Devs here, while it almost seems like years, I can still remember just a few short months ago we all had to scrounge and hunt for little tidbits of stuff for our Droids.. DANG, look at us now!! KUDOS to all of you guys!!

11. RedBull

RedBull Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sweet. I'm on my way. Thanks for the quick response...and seriously looking forward to the UD teams new ventures...I'll be there to support it!

12. devildog9999

devildog9999 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    More good news... I just paid to DOUBLE my CPU % on my host. That means even faster downloads and less lag during downloads! We are going to make this the BEST ROM around. PERIOD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

free rom leecher for android