Mainver problems? Not anymore!!

Tha187um

Reaction score
:hail::hail::hail:

To my fellow ROMheads,
Those of you reading this are probably as fond of flashing roms as much as I do, but probably not. I love flashing roms. It's addicting and I love having the latest and greatest.
If there's a new leak, I gotta have it. The only thing that has plagued my fun, has been the stupid mainver. Can I get an Amen?
Booty out!

You sir are a savior... I've been having battery issues with ICS CleanROM 3.0 so decided to try 3.1 but it just got stuck on HTC screen, not even the 4G LTE as others had reported... well I went back down to GBE CleanROM 1.7 thinking it was a bad download of ICS but still frozen on HTC screen with no error when flashing PH98 file... well i followed your instructions and Im fully up and running now... thanks...

I have a question, I was not able to back up my original stock rom, is there a way I can get one? I've searched and I find modified ones, perfect example the GBE 1.7 is the closest Ive found.. can I do OTA with that or IT HAS to be stock rom?

I downloaded this but im not familiar with RUU

RUU_Vigor_VERIZON_WWE_2.01.605.11_Radio_RS_0.95.00.1123r_3161E_9K_QMR_release_233635_signed

would that put me back to stock?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Smith, on another post I had asked how long back ups would take with clockwork, well this is the reason why i was never able to back up my original. :( I figured out though that for some reason I HAVE TO wipe out internal storage before i can do the back up :( if I dont wipe it out, it freezes on system and it never moves... after wipe out, I do the back up and it starts scrolling through all the files that it backs up and after system it moves to cache until it finishes, i tried this 3 times and all 3 were the same, system wouldnt start unless I wiped out internal storage. :blink:

OP
Bigbootyman

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
you need to reflash the appropriate ph98img.zip to flash your backup. kind of a PITA, but it works without having to wipe out the internal memory. YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO WIPE YOUR INTERNAL MEMORY, IN ORDER TO FLASH ANY ROM OR BACKUP.

Tha187um

Reaction score
you need to reflash the appropriate ph98img.zip to flash your backup. kind of a PITA, but it works without having to wipe out the internal memory. YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO WIPE YOUR INTERNAL MEMORY, IN ORDER TO FLASH ANY ROM OR BACKUP.

well this is happening to me in the CREATING a back-up step :(

OP
Bigbootyman

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
I used to have problems with Clockwork too. since I flashed Amonra Recovery, I haven't had any problems. Give it a try and report back.

Tha187um

Reaction score
I used to have problems with Clockwork too. since I flashed Amonra Recovery, I haven't had any problems. Give it a try and report back.

I thought amonra was for the rooting part but not for flashing roms. If that is not the case then ill go back to it. I'll post tomorrow

OP
Bigbootyman

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
i think it allows you to flash a clockwork backup also :) Good luck.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought amonra was for the rooting part but not for flashing roms. If that is not the case then ill go back to it. I'll post tomorrow

Amon Ra is a custom recovery, and it currently has a better track record on the Rezound than ClockWorkMod does. You cannot restore a CWM backup with Amon-Ra and vice versa.

Tha187um

Reaction score
Thank you guys... I flashed Amon Ra and did a nand back up in under 10 minutes... I wish I had known this before I flashed ICS on there so I could have backed up my stock rom :(

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I prefer AmonRa as well, it provides the same functions as CMR, with the added function of rooting the phone for you, CMR does not do that.

I have notice that AmonRa performs faster for me than CMR, but that's just my observation.

guitarist8482

Reaction score
thanks for posting this it helped a lot. i checked the kernel version and it said 2.01.605.11. does this mean that it was permenatly changed to this version? im on clean rom GBEright now but if i wanted to switch to Ineffabilis, would i have to use this method again?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks for posting this it helped a lot. i checked the kernel version and it said 2.01.605.11. does this mean that it was permenatly changed to this version? im on clean rom GBEright now but if i wanted to switch to Ineffabilis, would i have to use this method again?

no, changing the MainVersion was if you flashed one of the ICS ROM's that contained the newer kernel/mainversion or whatever it was, any ROM that is built off main version 2.xx.xxxx will flash just fine, and you will also be able to RUU as well, you can always check the main version in bootloder, you will see "HBOOT-2.xx.xxxx" that is your main version, and usually only changes when OTA's come out from HTC.