Maintenance update improves battery life?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I felt the battery was pretty good to begin with in 2.0. It seems to me my battery life got better with the 2.0.1 update as well. However, I haven't received the latest OTA update yet.

Hypnotic

Reaction score

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This maintenance update is still just rumor to me. Until I see it myself... I don't believe it's a separate update.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree Martin, no reason to stay up until midnight tonight eh? :)
I mean I'll be up, just to check....:icon_ devil: Wouldn't be surprised to see you around either :)
I just don't see VZW spending 4-5 days time rolling out a maintenance release only to turn around and spend another 4-5 days to roll out 2.1. That's all.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
I agree Martin, no reason to stay up until midnight tonight eh? :)
I mean I'll be up, just to check....:icon_ devil: Wouldn't be surprised to see you around either :)
I just don't see VZW spending 4-5 days time rolling out a maintenance release only to turn around and spend another 4-5 days to roll out 2.1. That's all.

I agree.

At the same time though I don't deny the stupidity of people...

Look at NBC with Conan.

Conan > Leno

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm always up till midnight anyways, but so far i haven't been the first to recieve anything nor even close lol, so i don't hold my breath being close to the first released.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
I'm always up till midnight anyways, but so far i haven't been the first to recieve anything nor even close lol, so i don't hold my breath being close to the first released.

Wish we knew how the updates went like if it started out in the west coast and went east or the reverse or some sort of pattern!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
me either :frown:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The last update (2.0.1) expressly addressed that battery life was extended. I didn't see much if any of a difference but it lead to a million post on the subject, both for and against.

Whenever this update comes out I can guarantee you will see a short phase of overwhelming praise followed by a very long list of complaints.

Remember you heard it here first. :)

kaboyd

Reaction score
:reddroid:

Wish we knew how the updates went like if it started out in the west coast and went east or the reverse or some sort of pattern!
I know if you live in Southern Indiana you'd be lucky to see it by June. I don't think any company gives a crap about the midwest.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:reddroid:

I know if you live in Southern Indiana you'd be lucky to see it by June. I don't think any company gives a crap about the midwest.

The updates are totally random. There is no pattern to it whatsoever. If you get it first, you were just plain lucky. Doesn't go by state, by how much you use your Droid, and it doesn't even go by race or religion.

You can try all you want but you won't be able to establish a pattern.

kaboyd

Reaction score
That's just weird that they wouldn't have a system, but you're right. I'll never figure it out if they do.