Mainstream Media Starting to Catch On to What We Know about Android vs. iPhone

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cydia for iOS is awesome. They have the best stuff for Apple. I loved them for my ipod touch.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

moose8989

Reaction score
I could name 20 more android phones that out-muscle the iPhone.

Yet not one (ten combined?) that outsell it...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

i work for verizon and the only thing THE ONLY thing the iphone has going for it is its commercials show things about how kids, old people, college kids, CEO's, Teachers, and musicians etc. can bennifit from it ....as we know android can do the same ...and more and can do it cheaper in many different ways....we know this ...the point is i sell well over 100 phones a month and i still haven't sold an iphone ....apples marketing is what people come in asking for...they don't know anything about an iphone and even if they do its because they don't know anything about a droid ....when i tell them about all the great android features the freak out and are like "man i didn't know that those droid commercials just show the phone morphing into a robot and destroying a city".....how would i have kown to get this instead of an iphone if you hadn't told me ....thats the whole thing the droid commercials screw up by not showing what they can do....its not that i wont sell an i phone its who the hell would want one ....no widgets no pull down so many more things big and small but it all goes back to two things .....one.....sales ppl that care more about making money on selling a phone than they care about selling something people will really get their money's worth out of so their like sure heres an iphone not, why don't i show you this as well .....and two... droids are better phones but apple is a better networking company .... not fussing i'm just saying with so much variety thats like saying pet only sells chocolate ice cream and ben and jerry's has all their 500093948400 flavors and saying can we pick 100 flavors that outsell all of pets chocolate....

droid doctor

Reaction score

i work for verizon and the only thing THE ONLY thing the iphone has going for it is its commercials show things about how kids, old people, college kids, CEO's, Teachers, and musicians etc. can bennifit from it ....as we know android can do the same ...and more and can do it cheaper in many different ways....we know this ...the point is i sell well over 100 phones a month and i still haven't sold an iphone ....apples marketing is what people come in asking for...they don't know anything about an iphone and even if they do its because they don't know anything about a droid ....when i tell them about all the great android features the freak out and are like "man i didn't know that those droid commercials just show the phone morphing into a robot and destroying a city".....how would i have kown to get this instead of an iphone if you hadn't told me ....thats the whole thing the droid commercials screw up by not showing what they can do....its not that i wont sell an i phone its who the hell would want one ....no widgets no pull down so many more things big and small but it all goes back to two things .....one.....sales ppl that care more about making money on selling a phone than they care about selling something people will really get their money's worth out of so their like sure heres an iphone not, why don't i show you this as well .....and two... droids are better phones but apple is a better networking company .... not fussing i'm just saying with so much variety thats like saying pet only sells chocolate ice cream and ben and jerry's has all their 500093948400 flavors and saying can we pick 100 flavors that outsell all of pets chocolate....

Nice analogy ^^

moose8989

Reaction score

Nice analogy ^^

Thanks lol I think tying stuff together for that is why I haven't sold one yet it helps people understand things lol

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

i agree with you because your proving my point. your analogy can go the other way too, and that's my point. ppl boast about market share, and how android is decimating iphone, but you yourself with your ben and jerry example prove my point. if ben and jerry has 50093948400 flavors and baskin robbins has 1, on what planet wouldn't all of those flavors combined outsell 1? my point was that market share is an idiotic metric to determine popularity, when the market is flooded with android phones. just like quantity of apps in the appstore is a stupid metric to somehow say that iphone or android is better.

and really? the only thing iphone has going for it is commercials? its comments like those that just make droid fanboys look ridiculous. you're absolutely right they have better marketing, and many of their customers are just loyal to them and dont care what the other side has to offer. but again, and this is the point that ppl miss, loyalty like that is not from a crappy product. like i said before, if ppl are suggesting that all iphone users hate their phones and secretly wish they had a good phone and just keep buying them in the millions because they want to look cool, i would have to laugh at you heartily and really really suggest that you get some sunlight.

you've also proven another point that i've been saying since the beginning of time. people don't care about specs. the people who come into your store looking for an iphone and then have to be convinced to buy an android are the average and majority of customers. people come in there to get a phone that works, and if the salesman has a bias they'll push them one way or the other. if the salesman doesn't have a bias, the person will buy whatever phone they want and leave. few people (to the point of it being negligible) go into vzw stores and say "can you show me the latest dual core phones with froyo?" or "can you tell me about the iphones processor?" they go in there saying "i need a phone" android users are just as uninformed as iphone users (i'm talking the majority, don't want to start a holy war about how android users are smarter or something, which hilariously people here seem to think). people get the phone they want, and if they like it and if it's a good phone, they're going to stick with that company. that's why apple is successful, not because the ONLY thing they have going for them is commercials. and that's why android is successful too, not because all android users stop by the VZW store after their weekly MENSA meetings.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Does Ben & Jerry sell Banana also? I love Banana:icon_ banana:

Just in fun ~~~^~~ fins up!