1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Main gmail account not refreshing automatically anymore?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by spiff72, Jul 19, 2010.

1. spiff72

spiff72 New Member

Hey all,

For some reason my main gmail account (the first one I set up on my phone) has stopped refreshing automatically. I have to go into the gmail app, and press - Menu - Refresh to get the inbox to update. I can't find any settings that would turn this off...

I have been running BB.4 with Chevy's 1.0GHz MV kernel for at least a week or two, and it has been working well except for this recent problem. I have two other email accounts set up through gmail, and they are updating properly.

Does anyone know how to remedy this problem? I can't delete the account without a factory reset.

Otherwise, I love this ROM!

EDIT: I found another thread about this, but they seemed to solve the problem by making sure that Menu - Settings - Accounts and Sync - Automatically Sync was checked. This setting is already enabled on my phone.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. BuglessFan

BuglessFan New Member

Menu key -> Settings -> Accounts & sync, and make sure the account is set to sync there.

Edit: Oops, that's what I get for taking a call while waiting to reply, glad you found it.
  3. spiff72

spiff72 New Member

Yeah - I thought I had searched already for this issue the other day, but someone started a similar thread yesterday. But their solution didn't work for me...

Do you think going into Settings - Applications - Manage Applications, and then picking the Gmail app and clearing data and cache would cause any problems?

That is my next step if I can't find an obvious solution...

Also, I an runnning NexTheme on the phone if that matters at all...

Thanks!
  4. BuglessFan

BuglessFan New Member

Actually, clearing the cache is something I'd try. I had a second twitter program installed for a while and after I uninstalled it, the default app wasn't syncing. I cleared the cache, rebooted and it came back. Since the cache is only on your phone it has zero chance of messing with your real Gmail, so I'd certainly try that before going to the extreme of a factory reset.
  5. spiff72

spiff72 New Member

What about the "Clear Data" button - do you think that would be worth doing too? Or maybe I will start with the Clear Cache and see what happens.
  6. BuglessFan

BuglessFan New Member

If it were me one at a time in order it'd be clear cache, clear data, remove other Gmails, rebooting just to be sure in between, then thinking about more drastic fixes.
  7. spiff72

spiff72 New Member

Clearing cache and data and a reboot seems to have solved the problem for now. At first I thought that clearing cache was enough, but I was wrong...
Search tags for this page
android gmail not refreshing automatically
can't get into gmail without refreshing
gmail app not refreshing
gmail inbox not refreshing
gmail not refeshing

gmail not refreshing

gmail not refreshing on android

gmail not refreshing to phone
gmail will not refresh
my gmail account does properly anymore
my gmail isnt refreshing