Maildroid Issue

jasonty

Reaction score
I installed the Maildroid app today. I have been having problems w/ my native email app not notifing me of new mail. After the install, I received my email w/o issue. However, when I went to charge the phone it got extremely hot and didnt actually charge. At this point, I have uninstalled the app. Any suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I would email the dev. He is pretty responsive. Answered me quickly.
It hasn't caused that issue on my phone, yet.

Is it now charging without too much heat? I am trying to figure if it is a battery/sd card issue or something else.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions? Ideas?
Don't assume causal relationships until you've proven them. In other words, while the heating issue may be related to the email app, I don't see anything indicating that it's directly related.

OP
J

jasonty

Reaction score
I reinstalled the Maildroid app, and I continued to have the heating issue and charging problems. It may not be directly related to this app; however, after uninstalling again it went away.

Any suggestions? Ideas?
Don't assume causal relationships until you've proven them. In other words, while the heating issue may be related to the email app, I don't see anything indicating that it's directly related.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Weird.
Also, the day before yesterday he released an update.
Gawd, I love maildroid.

New phone?
Old?
Rooted?
Anything that might make it easler to figure out?

OP
J

jasonty

Reaction score
11 mn. old phone
non-rooted
Zeam launcher
I mostly use this for a phone, Google Voice text messaging and occassionaly checking Facebook or other sites. I really liked the speed of Maildroid. At the moment I have the Yahoo app installed, it works ok but there is no real settings to change anything. I was fine w/ the factory Email app, but it just up and died.

Weird.
Also, the day before yesterday he released an update.
Gawd, I love maildroid.

New phone?
Old?
Rooted?
Anything that might make it easler to figure out?

joelangley

Reaction score
re

As the MailDroid dev, I can tell you that nothing MD does will cause a heating problem with your phone. Email me if you want to discuss it further.