Mail retrieval settings

flamewalker

Reaction score
Oh, and I too am annoyed I can't control the push/sync timing of Gmail... Tempted to set it up in mail and disable the Gmail app so I can...

OP
T

tannins

Reaction score
You shouldn't use task killers. You are making your phone work harder than it needs to be. Android is designed to keep apps in memory for efficiency, if you are constantly killing apps, it will constantly be reloading apps, making it work harder and drain more battery. Search the forums for more in depth info.

Also if you are constantly having to kill an app, might be time to find a better alternative...

I'm aware task killer can use energy closing and then having to open the same app, so I use it on apps I don't use often but have a constant update. The same way I used it before the update. So task killer isn't what is draining my battery more now than previously.

Reaction score
Sync is not the problem. Setting how often I want to retrieve mail is the problem. I use task killer regularly, so random apps aren't my issue.

I'm thinking sync frequency might not even be my problem either. I seem to be getting poorer reception than I've ever had before. Seems like its searching for signal constantly probably killing battery. Just strange since I'm in a huge market in Atlanta and havent changed anything on the phone other than the update. I'm at a loss.....

flamewalker

Reaction score
Now that you mention it reception seems a bit weak here on the west coast too... Weaker than normal...

Reaction score
By "weaker than normal" what do you mean, I have noticed no changes in actual signal strength as measured with Network Signal Info which looks at signal strength in dBm, it was exactly the same before and after.

Ace, thank you. I had never even thought of using an app to track signal strength. I haven't tracked it, but what I mean is constantly failing to get a data 4g connection lately, or failed messages and dropped calls. Prior to a couple weeks ago, I literally never once had any issue with any of that stuff on this phone, even before ICS. I will try to monitor more specifically the actual signal strength.

flamewalker

Reaction score
Don't have hard data... But I can't even get 4g in my office where before I could at least get a couple bars. Not too worried about it myself tho.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Hmmm... neither of my two Rezounds has had any issues with data or voice before or after the update, even in rural areas where they are jumping from 1X to 3G to 4G, seems about the same before, and as always much better then Motorolas or Sammies. :)