1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

mail quit syncing

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by drtnsnw, Jun 21, 2011.

1. drtnsnw

drtnsnw Member

For some reason today my Yahoo acct stopped sendin mail to my Dinc. I tried to manually get my mail but it said no mail. I was going to dump the acct. then reinstall it but I can't figure that out either. Any thoughts???

Chris
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

It's tough to answer these questions with little information. I need to know what type of email you're using, are you using the gmail app or something else? Or is it a gmail account only?

If it's not a gmail account are you routing it through gmail?
  3. xXGH05TXx

xXGH05TXx New Member

I had the same issue with my gmail. I just deleted the account off my phone the resigned in. Worked fine.

Sent from my rubiX Focused DX using DroidForums
  4. drtnsnw

drtnsnw Member

using the standard mail app. Basic yahoo account. Tried to dump the email account with no luck. Just keeps saying no mail. I am on with a CSR right now and he is having no luck either

Chris
  5. drtnsnw

drtnsnw Member

I love CSR's! they couldn't fix the issue so I downloaded the yahoo mail app. Tried to explain it was a battery hog and he said they updated it and it was better. we will see
    At least I am getting mail now
  6. drtnsnw

drtnsnw Member

Just like I thought, 6.5 hours off the carger and battery was toast. That yahoo app is a battery killer. Does anyone have any thought on why the regualr mail won't sync??

Chris
  7. rsdroid

rsdroid New Member

This happened to me also and at the exact same time as you! I did delete the account and tried to add it back. It did reload the account (several times), but keeps showing No Mail, even though all the folders are there.

There's also someone in the Droid General Discussions that's having the same issue and it also occurred at the same time.

I'm wondering if Yahoo has decided not to play ball with android mail apps anymore?

I hope it starts working again, but in the meantime I also downloaded the Yahoo Mail app from the market. We'll see about the battery drain. Maybe that's what Yahoo wants and that's why it quit working? :icon_evil:
  8. Lutya

Lutya New Member

Same for me. Just stopped working yesterday. I would love to know if anyone is able to fix it.
  9. Orange14

Orange14 New Member

It seems to be a general problem with anyone using IMAP configuration. You can reconfigure using POP3 or get the Yahoo ap (which I don't want to do). POP3 works for me and just use the same settings and ports that you would use on your home computer. I'm a Yahoo Plus user so I don't know if this applies to the free service.
  10. drtnsnw

drtnsnw Member

Mine started working again today. No idea why but I am glad

Chris
  11. dwallbaum

dwallbaum New Member

Gentlefolk;

Same issues..I have AOL, Gmail and Yahoo. I don't have any email displaying in any of them through the standard Mail app. I have tried to manually resynch, but no mail displays at all.

Do I dump all my email accounts and start over?

Thx!
  12. myamiphil

myamiphil New Member

I recently lost my connection to Yahoo using the generic mail app. I get 200 or so mails a day.... it was crazy. I changed the downloaded/sync time and it doesn't do anything now. Still get my gmail though.

Loaded the Yahoo app. Layout is nice but I don't want it running all the time... No way to manually run it. Sucks. It is a battery hog I'd say... I', charging twice a day.

I'll try to dump the Yahoo acct on std app and see if I can get it back...

Phil/NJ
  13. kyhall

kyhall New Member

If it makes you feel better...I am having exactly the same issue. No aol, no yahoo, but gmail is working....seems to have started a few days ago...and perhaps co-incides with the same time I installed an update..the update that took away my free hot-spot.
Search tags for this page
android cannot sync yahoo mail
android mail quits download
aol mail won't sync with htc incredible
droid charge email won't load
htc incredible mail won't synch
htc sensation and syncing with yahoo mail issues
htc sensation why isnt email syn
incredible won't update email automatically
mail not syncing on htc droid incredible 2
why doesnt yahoo mail open on my driod incredible
why isnitmy droid charge syncing my email