Mail Folder Use

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by jjprusk, May 1, 2010.

1. jjprusk

jjprusk New Member

I am needing to move mail message from InBox to one of several folders on my IMAP mail server and do not see the obvious way to do this. I'm sure I'm missing it... I select the email message from the app and can see 6 options from selecting the menu (Received, See conversations, Compose, Mark unread, Delete, & Forward. What am I missing?
  2. Rizin

Rizin New Member

From the screen that lists your messages - press on the message you wish to move until the shortcut menu pops up, scroll down and there should be an option to "Move To".
  3. MJKneuro

MJKneuro Member

That gives the option of moving it to 'sent' 'drafts' or 'trash' folders - is there a way to expand that selection and move it elsewhere on the phone?
  4. windstrings

windstrings New Member

You can create custom directories "besides trash etc" and move them there but emails are kept to themselves and cannot be moved to extraneous places to my knowledge.
    The email app is not designed to go venturing on your hardrive/phone or sd card to find them to my knowledge.

You can however take attachments included in those emails and download them wherever you want and move wherever you want.

You need a file manager such as astro to move them etc.
    And if you intend on downloading large files bigger than a couple of mb or so, you need "blackmoon attachsave"... that will give you ability for you to download large apps from your gmail account straight to your sd card.

To send large attachments..... think about "attachemail" app.. it does the opposite.... allows large attachements to be sent via the gmail app.
Search tags for this page

cannot see personal folders from road runner email on verizo

droid roadrunner app new folder

how do i access my razr email folders from a computer

how do i access my sent folder yahoo mail from droid

how to accessmy sent folder on android yahoo mail

how to transfer e-mail in inbox to folders on motorola droid

htc move email folder

my driod won't show my gmail directories

received mail folder can't see android

unable to see folders in s4 yahoo mail

where are the hotmail email folders on the htc dorid incredi