Magnifying capability SAWEET!

Esch

Reaction score
Don't laugh, you will need reading glasses some day too! But is there an app that would let the Droid act as a magnifying glass. Like in a restaurant to point the camera at the menu and have it magnify the print on the screen??? This would be cool!

iPirate

Reaction score
the camera doesn't have an optical zoom and the minimum focusing distance seems pretty "far" so I'm not sure this would work

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is at least one magnifier app in the market. I haven't tried it because it asks for full internet access and access to your contacts, etc. when you try to install.

If you go to your camera app and doubletap the screen when it's in camera (not video) mode it will zoom, but as iPirate says, it's only digital zoom.

RichSmithSWM

Reaction score
I downloaded the Magnifier app from the Market over a month ago. I love it. I don't really need it but I show it to friends at restaurants and that app alone makes them want a Droid.

OP
E

Esch

Reaction score
Perfect! Works great, thanks!!

joliett

Reaction score
Ideal magnifier

IDEAL MAGNIFIER...just be sure to choose MENU, Choose color mode, choose one beforre using so it will focus properly. It works great on my DROID GLOBAL.