Magnetic Sensors

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by blacklobo, Jan 18, 2011.

1. blacklobo

blacklobo New Member

Anyone know if there is a way to disable the magnetic sensors that the OG Droid has to detect when it is in the car adapter or base station? I got a new case with a magnetic flap that is causing the phone to be wonky for a little bit after I take it out of the case.
  2. slyd3z

slyd3z New Member

Funny, I ran into this exact same problem on Friday when I got a new case. Search the market for an app called "Dock No-Op". It's free (which is always nice), and it effectively remaps the magnetic Car Home/dock mode activation feature to "nothing". So when you pull your phone out of the pouch, you will be greeted by your lock screen. :) The only downside is this app doesn't discriminate. If you actually have a car dock and would like to keep this feature, you'd pretty much have to uninstall the app.

However, there appears to be several paid apps (and maybe some free ones?) that offer the ability to turn the negation of the dock mode on or off at will.

Hope this helps! dancedroid
  3. rickcast66

rickcast66 New Member

My Droid X does the same thing with my new case too. I have to turn if off and on real quick ( Not power it down ). I notice the home screen goes sideways when it's in the car dock and the car dock app launches. When I put it in the case and take it out, it's in that sideways mode which I've never seen when it's not in car dock mode.

I'm certainly not going to pay when I can just click a button twice real quick.
Search tags for this page
android app to disable magnet cover

android disable magnetic sensor

android docking sensor
disable android magnetic field

disable magnetic field sensor android

disable magnetic sensor

disable magnetic sensor android

does droid bionic have magnetic sensor
does the htc dna have magnetic sensor
how to disable magnet sensor for s4
how to off magnetic sensor for s4