1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

MagicJack for Cell phones

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by aaf709, Jan 8, 2010.

1. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

MagicJack, the company that makes the cheap internet phone, is coming out with one for the cell phone. It connects to your computer and when the cell is within 8 feet, you can connect. It's supposed to cost about $40 and it won't use any cell minutes when you call.

Here's some information from MagicJack's next act: disappearing cell phone fees by AP: Yahoo! Tech

The size of a deck of cards, it plugs into a PC, which needs a broadband Internet connection. The device then detects when a compatible cell phone comes within 8 feet, and places a call to it. The user enters a short code on the phone. The phone is then linked to the magicJack, and as long as it's within range (YMax said it will cover a 3,000-square-foot home) magicJack routes the call itself, over the Internet, rather than going through the carrier's cellular tower. No minutes are subtracted from the user's account with the carrier. Any extra fees for international calls are subtracted from the user's account with magicJack, not the carrier.

According to YMax CEO Dan Borislow, the device will connect to any phone that uses the GSM standard, which in the U.S. includes phones from AT&T Inc. and T-Mobile USA. At a demonstration at CES, a visitor's phone with a T-Mobile account successfully placed and received calls through the magicJack. Most phones from Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel Corp. won't connect to the device.

I have a Network Extender and while it seems the same, the NE has a GPS antenna for 911. It looks like if you called 911 with the MagicJack, your location would be where the internet hub would be. But the call would be free.
Search tags for this page
android magic jack pn cel phone
droid magikjack
how do i download magic jack on my droid cell phone
how do i get a legitimate phone # on my magic jack free droi
how to connect rezound to magicjack plus
magic jack compatible cell phones
magic jack on my cell phone android
magicjack connect to sprint phone

magicjack for android

magicjack for cell phone forum
magicjack verizon wireless bionic
magicjackforcell
majic jack for samsung galaxy s4
why are magicjack not clear on my cellular android phone?