1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Magic formula for getting adb to recognize Droid in ubuntu?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by neubanks89, Dec 11, 2010.

1. neubanks89

neubanks89 New Member

I have been trying to set up adb to work all morning. I've used combinations of ubuntu Hardy, Jaunty and Maverick, VMWare, Virtual Box and hard install. In all cases lsusb sees the device. I have the 50/51/70-android rules setup correctly as far as i know, and yet adb devices shows nothing. Could someone who has gotten this to work successfully with the Droid please give me step by step what they've done to get it working? Please specify the version of ubuntu also. Thanks.
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

I used the method over at ccroms. I am using Ubuntu Desktop LTS 10.04 via a wubi install. It's interesting that you're having troubles after setting up the device rules, as I couldn't get it to connect until after I set up the device rules. So specifically here's the first part I used:

android_project:build:basic:adb [CVPCS Android Wiki]

I had to modify my terminal commands since the version (and filename) of the sdk is different now. Also might have to be modified if you're downloading it elsewhere than 'Downloads'.

Now even though you say you've already set your device rules, I may as well give you the link to what I did:

android_project:build:basic:rules [CVPCS Android Wiki]

Hope that helps, and good luck!

p.s. Afterthought; I have had stuff fight me with my wubi installs and my only solution has been to uninstall and reinstall my wubi and go from there.
  3. neubanks89

neubanks89 New Member

thanks, i ended up giving up on adb. i only needed it to extract the proprietary files for the vendor setup. I just replaced all the "adb pulls" with "cp ./<system-dump-performed-on-macosx>/ in the extract script. everythings working great now. i'll give the tutorials ago when it finishes compiling though
Search tags for this page
a855 ubuntu adb
adb devices doesn't show my device from ubuntu
adb doesnt detect sony on ubuntu
getting ubuntu to recognize android phone
how to get ubuntu to recognize android phone
ubuntu 12.04 not recognizing motorola droid bionic
ubuntu adb doesn't see my device
ubuntu doesn't regognize my droid
ubuntu doesn't see droid x2
ubuntu doesnt recognize droid razr
ubuntu dont recognose my android