Magentic strip effect on DROID?

aali2000

Reaction score
I wanted to use my blackberry holster temporarily until I decide on a good case for my new DROID. The verizon rep. advised me against that because the magentic strip, he said, would cause damage to DROID. Is this at all true?

ShowTime

Reaction score
I don't know that it will cause any damage, but it very well may activate your car dock or home dock mode (since these actual docks are just activated by magnets) and having those on all the tome could really drain your battery.

JCo352

Reaction score
Like stated above it won't damage your droid it just puts it in car mode or dock mode, which can consume battery and open the possibility of "pocket dialing"

GolfProRM

Reaction score
If you put the phone in so the screen is toward the magnets (you want the back of the phone away from the magnets), you shouldn't have too many problems.

cuskit

Reaction score
I wanted to use my blackberry holster temporarily until I decide on a good case for my new DROID. The verizon rep. advised me against that because the magentic strip, he said, would cause damage to DROID. Is this at all true?
I'd sure love to talk to that rep - ask him on what does he base this answer. I mean - he's supposed to be the expert on his products!

Many cases have magnetic snaps on them as well as Motorola's own dock! Geez...

The only damage is to the reputation of VZW reps... Fortunately - there are many knowledgeable ones out there. :) mike

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just be aware that some BB holsters have magnets on both sides (so you can insert your BB either way).

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
...The only damage is to the reputation of VZW reps... Fortunately - there are many knowledgeable ones out there. :) mike

Well, there is the damage to the Verizon rep's monthly commission check when he doesn't sell another holster, you know.