maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsiva

Reaction score
Just got around to flashing the update for the first time, and it went flawlessly. I was a little worried when it took a while on the "reinitializing system" step, but it worked out great. Once flashed, I rebooted to recovery and wiped data/cache, and then manually de-odexed the phone. It's running like a champ.

Thanks a ton!

Nate

B

budmonster

Just got around to flashing the update for the first time, and it went flawlessly. I was a little worried when it took a while on the "reinitializing system" step, but it worked out great. Once flashed, I rebooted to recovery and wiped data/cache, and then manually de-odexed the phone. It's running like a champ.

Thanks a ton!

Nate

i used the maderstcok update too. how did you manually deodexed you phone? isnt there an update zip out that automatically does it for you? i saw it somewhere.

p.s. is it necessary to de-odexed my phone?

sephtin

Reaction score

Thanks a ton!

Nate

i used the maderstcok update too. how did you manually deodexed you phone? isnt there an update zip out that automatically does it for you? i saw it somewhere.

p.s. is it necessary to de-odexed my phone?

I see you found the thread on deodexing. There's the "auto-deodexer", as well as a system only deodexed/rooted 2.3.340 .zip file:
http://www.sephtin.com/?p=243

Regarding if it's necessary to deodex. What are your intentions?
If you plan to theme the stock MotoBlur install, then yes, you will probably need to deodex.
But, if you're going to ROM... deodexing is pointless, because all of the files that get deodexed will be replaced by the ROM anyway, and all ROMs (don't know of any exceptions) will replace those files with ones that are already deodexed.

HTH!

ericejs15

Reaction score
I have a problem...i did this from rubix focused and now all i get is the red eye and droid logo going back and forth over and over again!!! i tried battery pull twice but still the same thing? am i bricked?

Fate0n3

Reaction score
I have a problem...i did this from rubix focused and now all i get is the red eye and droid logo going back and forth over and over again!!! i tried battery pull twice but still the same thing? am i bricked?

Boot into Stock Recovery and do a Factory Reset and you should be good to go.

ericejs15

Reaction score

Boot into Stock Recovery and do a Factory Reset and you should be good to go.

How do I do that? I cant even get into the phone? could you explain? I am a newbie at this root stuff haha.

Fate0n3

Reaction score
How do I do that? I cant even get into the phone? could you explain? I am a newbie at this root stuff haha.

if you're getting boot loops, I would def. wipe cache and data:
--From boot loops, power down. When booting back up, hold the HOME button on the phone. You can let go of the home button when you see the M logo.
--Should boot into the Android recovery screen (lil android with a ! in a triangle).. When you see that screen, hit the SEARCH button on the phone to take you to the menu.
--From the menu, select wipe cache, wipe data, and reboot.

That should get you back into stock 2.3.340.

That was quoted from earlier in the thread. Follow those instructions.

Last edited:

ericejs15

Reaction score

--From boot loops, power down. When booting back up, hold the HOME button on the phone. You can let go of the home button when you see the M logo.
--Should boot into the Android recovery screen (lil android with a ! in a triangle).. When you see that screen, hit the SEARCH button on the phone to take you to the menu.

awesome thanks... doing this as i type... hope it works!!

Also I want to reroot after.... I just did this so I can get some of the newer 340 based roms.... whats the quickest/easiest way to root out there these days? I did my first root all the way back in October haha

Fate0n3

Reaction score

Also I want to reroot after.... I just did this so I can get some of the newer 340 based roms.... whats the quickest/easiest way to root out there these days? I did my first root all the way back in October haha

Search for an App called Z4Root it is not located in the app market but you can find it online easy.... It is from XDA if you can't find it through a google search.... Super easy to use.

ericejs15

Reaction score

Search for an App called Z4Root it is not located in the app market but you can find it online easy.... It is from XDA if you can't find it through a google search.... Super easy to use.

Z4 seemed to just freeze.... what other options are there to root?

sephtin

Reaction score

Z4 seemed to just freeze.... what other options are there to root?

Have heard reports of this. Power off, then boot back up and try again.
One person said they had to reboot twice, but third time it worked.
Too me two tries. :S

Z4 does work... just give it a reboot and another shot. :)

Vandel

Reaction score
ok so i tried this. it installed almost halfway and aborted cuz the installation of the radio app failed. rebooted phone to try to go to clockwork recovery and it rebooted the rom...it appears my phone is half on the old rom "liberty" half stock LOL wtf.....plz help. somethings are new but others are from Liberty

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
boot into clockwork, wipe data/cache, run maderstcok340.zip again
should resolve the issue

ok so i tried this. it installed almost halfway and aborted cuz the installation of the radio app failed. rebooted phone to try to go to clockwork recovery and it rebooted the rom...it appears my phone is half on the old rom "liberty" half stock LOL wtf.....plz help. somethings are new but others are from Liberty

Vandel

Reaction score
clockwork failed to boot i have the stock recovery right now . im trying to get bootstrapper back on here so i can use clockwork again. should i redownload the file ? maybe i got a bad download of it?

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
failed to boot because you probably lost root.
I wouldn't redownload, simply check the md5 of the one you have - it probably wouldn't run at all if the download botched.

Status
Not open for further replies.