Made the jump, but have a small issue

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
All those browsers and more work fine with Flash on my S4, including Next Browser. A notable exception is Chrome Browser.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw the location services, but I'm not sure what it actually does.

I downloaded tasker. It will do what I'm asking, but good grief it's overly complicated. Don't get me wrong, you can schedule it to do just about anything, but c'mon.

Take a look @ Battery Guru from Snapdragon in the market. I "learns" where and when you connect to wifi and will turn it on and off. I do not have a wifi connection at work so it turns off. When I get home, it turns on. There's a lot more to it, the above is one example.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
All those browsers and more work fine with Flash on my S4, including Next Browser. A notable exception is Chrome Browser.

Well, when I go to that site Boat, Dolphin and the native browser say I need a plugin. I got flash from your sig and have installed it. There must be setting I haven't enabled, but I don't know where that would be.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, when I go to that site Boat, Dolphin and the native browser say I need a plugin. I got flash from your sig and have installed it. There must be setting I haven't enabled, but I don't know where that would be.

On Boat Browser, tap "menu". Then "settings". Then "page content settings". Choose to enable flash. I keep it "always" on....

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
UC Web Browser and Fox Flash Browser are both free. Also, try Photon Browser. My daughter has the S4 and these all work. I have the Droid RAZR Maxx and the original Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet (wi-fi) only. The browser's I mentioned all work.

bbtkd

Reaction score
got it. thanks for the heads up.

Another question for you. On the droid I had, I was able to set the wifi to turn on based on my gps location, or time of day. Is there a built in app on the S4 that will do this or do I need to look for a 3rd party app?

Tasker was mentioned, but I like Wifi-matic. It uses cell towers for location. When you connect to a Wifi, it notes the cells towers around it. So - when you get close to your house, work, school or other places you have Wifi networks that you use, it turns on Wifi so that when you enter Wifi range it makes the connection. Then after you leave the area, it tuns off Wifi, saving power.

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
I already bought tasker. The one thing I can't figure out, and maybe someone that has it can help, how do you have your wifi on off setup? I don't want to use GPS because it takes a lot of battery. I can't use time because sometimes I work on weekends at various times, and sometimes I'm home at different times.

Thanks

bbtkd

Reaction score
I already bought tasker. The one thing I can't figure out, and maybe someone that has it can help, how do you have your wifi on off setup? I don't want to use GPS because it takes a lot of battery. I can't use time because sometimes I work on weekends at various times, and sometimes I'm home at different times.

Thanks

Auto Wi-fi is free and does what you want. Since the phone is already gathering tower info and you can set how often it checks, Auto Wi-fi uses less power than having Wifi on all the time. Having GPS on, particularly when you are indoors where it can't get a good signal, is a huge battery suck.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
UC Web Browser and Fox Flash Browser are both free. Also, try Photon Browser. My daughter has the S4 and these all work. I have the Droid RAZR Maxx and the original Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet (wi-fi) only. The browser's I mentioned all work.

Thanks, they work fine. As for the Boat Browser settings, I don't have the "Always" option. Instead I have "On Demand," which didn't work.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Newest Boat Browser did away with it. I have the older apk if needed, but I find other browsers better....