Made the jump, but have a small issue

segen77

Reaction score
I found a good deal on a verizon s4 at walmart today for $138 (and a $40 gift card on top of that).

I get the phone home and realize that I can't install flash player. Any ideas what is going on?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
You didn't say what you have done/tried. It installed fine on my S4. You need to enable installation of apps from unknown sources then use the link in my signature to download the APK and tap to install.

Did you try something similar and it didn't work?

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
I just went to the play store, and it said I couldn't do it.

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
got it. thanks for the heads up.

Another question for you. On the droid I had, I was able to set the wifi to turn on based on my gps location, or time of day. Is there a built in app on the S4 that will do this or do I need to look for a 3rd party app?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Flash player is no longer supported on Android after 4.0 (ICS)

Beamed From the white sun in the S4 Galaxy.

GVLBob

Reaction score

Another question for you. On the droid I had, I was able to set the wifi to turn on based on my gps location, or time of day. Is there a built in app on the S4 that will do this or do I need to look for a 3rd party app?

The Bionic had Smart Actions, but the Galaxy S4 doesn't have an equivalent. There are, however, 3rd party apps that should be able to do what you wish. One that gets mentioned is Tasker (cost $2.99).

Last edited:
OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
bummer it doesn't have one built in. Guess I'll look at tasker

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
bummer it doesn't have one built in. Guess I'll look at tasker

It also doesn't have a Favorites (for phone contacts) widget, but you can make a folder and stick your favorites there. Actually pretty sweet.

I downloaded (from the signature) and did the install of Flash, but it doesn't seem to work. I went to End of the World. Flash Animation and tried it on the native internet, Boat Browser and Chrome. None worked. Ah well, it's no biggie.

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
yeah. I can't seem to get it to work either. It's a bit of a bummer.

tekmantoo

Reaction score
yeah. I can't seem to get it to work either. It's a bit of a bummer.
I have the s4 with flash and use Dolphin browser from the play store. You have to go into settings to enable flash. It works.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking maybe this isn't the answer as so many people have said no but under location services on my AT&T phone there is "My Places" which sounded like what you were asking about.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
It also doesn't have a Favorites (for phone contacts) widget, but you can make a folder and stick your favorites there. Actually pretty sweet.

I downloaded (from the signature) and did the install of Flash, but it doesn't seem to work. I went to End of the World. Flash Animation and tried it on the native internet, Boat Browser and Chrome. None worked. Ah well, it's no biggie.

Flash works on Boat Browser, Photon Browser, and Puffin Browser.
***EDIT***
Also works in UC Web Browser and Fox Flash Browser. Just used your link in all of them.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
I'm thinking maybe this isn't the answer as so many people have said no but under location services on my AT&T phone there is "My Places" which sounded like what you were asking about.

I saw the location services, but I'm not sure what it actually does.

I downloaded tasker. It will do what I'm asking, but good grief it's overly complicated. Don't get me wrong, you can schedule it to do just about anything, but c'mon.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try Phone Weaver. Simple. Using it since Beta Testing. Honestly, set it and forget it....

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flash works on Boat Browser, Photon Browser, and Puffin Browser.
***EDIT***
Also works in UC Web Browser and Fox Flash Browser. Just used your link in all of them.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Not on my phone, just shows that it's missing a plug in. It may need to be enabled, but darned if I know how to do that. I may install Dolphin and see what that does.

I see by your sig that you're posting on a GT-P7510, what about a Galaxy S4?