Madden 11 is here!!!

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I came across the update.zip for Madden 11 and I wanted to share it with my DF family. I am a little skeptical about going through the upgrade process. Plus my DX is running great with Rubix 1.90.

I can not take credit for the zip file. All credit goes to Airmaxx23.

Here are the instructions on how to install the demo game.

I figured there would be others, like myself, who are not going to take the update or flash the newest sbf right off but would still like to try out Madden 11 so here are the 2 Madden files zipped up to download. Just unzip and copy both files to your sdcard, copy and paste Madden.apk into the system/app folder and change the permissions to User: read, write; Group: read; and Others: read. Then copy and paste the libMadden10.so file into the system/lib folder and change the permissions to User: read, write; Group: read; and Others: read. Finish by rebooting your phone.

TheShade001

Reaction score
Thanks! This is awesome! I lost it when i flashed another rom and didn't know how to get it back. Works great! Well, for me at least. A friend of mine is not able to get it installed. I was wondering if someone else might have had the same or similar experience?

I did not have any problems installing Madden at all, but a friend of mine cannot get past the download screen. It just hangs on 0% and does nothing. I walked him through the setup, used the same settings that I used, but for some reason he can't seem to connect to the EA server. The permissions on the .apk(system/apps) and .so(system/lib) files are set correctly, he has tried both options on the download page (wifi and 3G), and neither one of them ever actually download anything - it just hangs on 0%. His mobile connection is good, wifi works, 3G works, he can download attachments to emails, text, browse the internet, but he can't download the game. "Unknown apps" is checked on and "debugging" is also enabled. Am i missing something? He has a Verizon Droid X, factory rom (never flashed a custom rom), Rooted, Android Version: 2.2.1 with the 2.3.34 update

I have the leaked 2.3.32 update with a custom rom (GummyJar) and didn't have any problems. I also had madden running on a different rom as well (Apex) and didn't have any problems. Does anyone know what the problem might be on a factory rom? Or why it would work for me, but not for him? It would be great if someone could help me figure it out. I feel bad for the guy. It's a great game and he REALLY wants it. Hopefully, some of you pros may have some insight.

Thanks for any thoughts!