MAC's And Hacks (ZIP Files)

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Ok I am hoping that someone else has ran into this issue.. I bought a mac a few months ago mostly for some video editing and podcasting for a website. I typically use my PC to download ROM's, Mod's, Themes etc. For some reason my MAC is so hit or miss. As some of you might know it automatically decompresses the file so I re-zip it prior to install. I always have issues with the mods and such when I go to install them.. If I do it from my PC it works flawlessly.

I have also noticed that a few people that watch my tutorials experience these issues with a Mac and that is typically the first question that I ask... They use a PC and it works fine.

I don't know MAC's all that well and was just wondering as I am still getting 100% used to this thing... Is it something that I am doing? Any ideas from anyone that has used MAC's and is more knowledgeable of them than myself?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a MacBookPro. I've used it, without issue, to download a number of roms and themes which I successfully install on my Droid.

What browser are you using? Safari will add an extra ".zip" extension so I use Chrome.
Mike

removement

Reaction score
It is the browser doing this.

Using safari: pref > general > uncheck "open safe files after downloading"

Firefox: pref > applications > look for zip content type and change action

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
Yes, what he said.
I had the same issues when I tried to rezip files....
If you keep then from unzipping then they work just fine

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
I use a Macbook with firefox for browser and haven't had a problem yet. Hopefully it stays this way...

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Little late but thanks guys! I started using Chrome and haven't had a problem...

Still shaking off the newness of the thing yet.

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Want to clarify... When I said " a little late" that was me getting around to checking this thread.... I saw the first post on the thread and switched to chrome and have been good since...

I wanted to make sure you all didn't think " a little late" was you all's comments...

Thanks again..dancedroid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I switched to Chrome several months ago. Good decision.