macbook will not except droid through usb??? help please

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by cklaich121, Jul 16, 2010.

1. cklaich121

cklaich121 New Member

when i try to plug my droid x into my macbook it says "this disk is not readable by this computer" or something like that.... anyone know why, or what i can do?
  2. awacker89

awacker89 New Member

turn on usb debugging in settings>applications>development, pull down notification bar, hit usb option and select usb storage.
  3. shutupsteph

shutupsteph New Member

thank you!!!!! :)
  4. mtnman64

mtnman64 New Member

I am having issues with this. The only way my X will connect with the macbook pro is to reboot the X while connected with the cable via usb. If I don't reboot the phone, the 2 devices do not connect. Anyone else having this issue?
  5. sgdossey

sgdossey New Member

I didn't have to turn on debug mode. I just had to pick mass storage mode in the drop down on the Droidx
  6. cypherx82

cypherx82 New Member

I'm surprised at the lack of Mac bashing in this thread.
  7. pugger

pugger New Member

I have a mac and pc. I have no problem connecting to either.
  8. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew New Member

I am currently having this problem. My Droid X and Macbook Pro refuse to sync together. When I plug my Droid X into my Macbook Pro, neither of them recognize each other. My Droid X doesn't even start to charge. Nothing comes up in my notification bar for my Droid X either.

I am trying to get music onto my Droid X. I want to use Cubed. Can anyone help?
  9. Izord

Izord New Member

/antiflame waders on/ um just get a pc, they're faster, cheaper and more compatible with the hardware, you chose to get some niche, elitist, non-mainstream OS, or iphone forum thataway -> /antiflame waders off/

:icon_ banana:
  10. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I have a Droid so my experience may be different. In addition to my Droid I have a Mac Book Pro and iMac. Both of these computers sync very very easily with my Droid. I moved my photos in iPhoto and music in iTunes to my Droid with little effort.

A number of Droid users use Mac's with their Droids without issues. To-date, the only thing the Mac's have not been able to run is RSD and that is because Moto will not release a compatible version.

Mike
  11. Izord

Izord New Member

Just wondering, please take no offense, I know that a Mac Book Pro is a laptop, but is an iMac basically notebook hardware stuffed into a small desktop case and sold as a desktop?:icon_ banana:
  12. mwhartman

iMac is a desktop. I have an older on with a 21 inch screen.

Mike
  13. Izord

Izord New Member

Right Mike, I can run my 9" Asus netbook with a 36" screen and sometimes do.

But I'm just asking about the hardware, the motherboard, if you will. Not the monitor. The iMac has a Notebook motherboard does it not? :icon_ banana:

Basically what happened is that apple stuffed a notebook motherboard into a desktop case/display form factor and sold it as a desktop, and many people bit. Those buyers most often didn't realize there was a distinction.
  14. mwhartman

15. Izord

Izord New Member

:greendroid:
    Right, they are very nice and functional devices. But 'Ahem' isn't it 'concerning' that they don't list the motherboard type and manufacturer? I guess little things like what Motherboard is in the computer aren't important. Shoot, I'm getting away from myself, and don't mean to.

But it's the most basic spec of any machine and Apple doesn't think it's owners would want (or need) to know.

Oh well, just glad I didn't buy into that salespitch.

Not saying they aren't very nice and pretty and functional.

They just aren't as compatible with the plethora of hardware and software that is in the wild. Apple has a very tight control on its environment. Windows on the other hand has had to interface with everything and everybody. It's just the way things are.

:icon_ banana:

Here is a place to start if you are looking into your iMac motherboard: http://jimwarholic.com/2008/07/how-to-repair-apple-imac-g5.php

And yes, it most definitely is a laptop motherboard. Apple has been doing this to iMac owners for years.

And I know, I know, there are more current iMacs than those listed in the link. Like i7s. Still Lappy mobos. But the owners don't know any different, so what does it matter? All they know is that it's 'white' or '36 inch' or whatever.

You got a laptop bolted to a bigass monitor and told you got a desktop.
  16. mwhartman

I can not agree or disagree with your comments re the absences of specs for the mother board. Truthfully, I doubt most individuals would have a general grasp of a mother board or what functions it performs.

I've been in IT since the mid 60's (wiring unit record equipment, computer operator, programmer, analysts, project manager, director) and I never worried about the mother board. Instead, I was concerned about reliability and security. Like you, for many years I felt that Mac's were not able to run sufficient software products. My thoughts changed about 5 years ago. While at Penn State, I realized that the Mac's were capable of meeting our users needs while requiring little maintenance, unlike Windows box's.

I agree that Apple controls their products. Interestingly, until the Droid, VZW took the same approach on locking down phones on their network.

I'm comfortable with a Mac or PC but at this stage of my life I'm more concerned about security and, in my experience, Mac has a better track record.

Mike
  17. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

We get it you don't like Apple, now please get off your high horse.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  18. Izord

Izord New Member

Mike, you're reasonable, the rebel isn't. Anyway, I don't have anything against Apple, except for their sales practice of deception and obfuscation.

They are nice, quality machines.

Really.

Now about the security issue. Apple has had the advantage of 'security through obscurity' for the past decade.

MSFT otoh has had to deal head on with the hacker menace which ignored the apple machines because it wasn't worth their time.

Now the studies are showing that W7 is much more hardened against attack than OSX.

That's just what happens when you deal with attack for a decade while the competition has been complacent because they have been ignored.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Hey rebel guy,, I don't like or dislike apple, I just don't care.
  19. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

By the way I am not mean. If you have been around you would know that. People like you get on my last nerve because you say you don't care but yet you spend your time preaching to the masses about what's wrong with Apple. If you truly didn't care you wouldn't waste our time going off topic just to prove a point. I am a nice guy but I call a spade a spade as well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  20. mwhartman

I do not have enough expertise to comment on why Mac's have avoided the hackers. I do have sufficient experience to say that any while at Penn State the majority, if not all, of the box's that were botted, hacked, etc were Windows. Obviously, user error and unattentiveness contributed to this issue.

My last Dell PC had Vista and that was not a good OS, in my opinion. I've not had one minute of use with Windows 7. Hopefully, Microsoft has improved on Vista.

It is good that we have options and can have healthy discussions which opens our eyes to the issues.

Mike
Search tags for this page
andriod not readable on mac computer

android not connecting to mac

android not readable by mac

android not readable on mac

android phone not readable by mac

android phone not readable mac

android to mac not readable
droid comes up un-readable on mac
droid not readable by mac
droid not readable on mac