1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

MACBOOK PRO USB Tether Issue

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by leclair0016, Jul 24, 2012.

1. leclair0016

leclair0016 New Member

Hey guys-

When I plug in my SGS3 into my mac via usb, the phone starts to charge and everything... HOWEVER no USB connection tether setting or anything shows up in my drop down bar... In addition, I have android file transfer application on my macbook pro, which says "No device connected, please connect to USB, blah blah blah" Can anyone help me with this issue? And yes I know I can just use Kies... Is there any way do this the old fashioned way by using the Finder on the Mac and not having to use applications and such??

Thanks!
  2. ksb

ksb New Member

I'm not sure if this will even address your issue. I racked my brain trying to find where my MacBook even acknowledged my phone. Took days, asked lots of questions, searched forums, asked Samsung in a chat, etc. Well, after messing around one night, I happened to find my phone when I clicked my Bluetooth symbol up in the top right bar. There it was. I was trying to download my iPhoto pix, by the way. Voila! Done deal.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  3. jneusch

jneusch New Member

I use SyncMate. There is a check box to Mount SD card, but it cannot see my external card. I haven't tried BT.
  4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    I'm not 100% sure what you're asking for/about here. There are like three different issues and you already answered one yourself (use Kies) but it has nothing to do with the tethering you asked about.

Please clarify.
  5. medic2pa

medic2pa New Member

Mac not recognizing SGS3

The SGS3 doesn't have the USB mass storage mode anymore. ICS uses MTP instead of the old USB mass storage. If you download "android file transfer" onto your MBP, then select the camera protocol, your MBP will recognize your phone and you can drag and drop files back and forth between the two.

I personally use Missing Sync for android, but it's a pain because it will double, triple copy photos and songs, so after the first transfer, you have to uncheck those options, but otherwise it syncs my calendars, contact, ect. then you can go in and select the new pics from iPhoto to transfer or specific songs you want to transfer via bluetooth or wifi. I didn't have any luck using Kies. Too frustrated to figure out why when I have two other processes that work.

Hope that helps.
Search tags for this page
connect galaxy s3 to macbook

galaxy s3 mac tether

galaxy s3 mac usb tether
galaxy s3 tethering to mac
galaxy s3 wont show on mac usb tethering

how to tether samsung galaxy s3 to macbook pro

macbook pro will not recognize galaxy s3
samsung galaxy s3 tether for macbook pro
samsung galaxy s3 usb tethering on mac

samsung s3 usb tethering mac