Macbook Pro (mid 2007 10.6.8) won't mount Droid Charge SD card

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by richa610, May 3, 2012.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. richa610

richa610 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No searches are yielding results so maybe someone here can help...

I have a Droid Charge and a Macbook Pro (2007 running 10.6.8). I have a bootcamp windows partition for some work programs that I have to run at home.

My Droid Charge is updated to FP1 and rooted via the superuser CWM method found here

USB DEBUGGING IS ON (if its off, my Mac won't recognize any disks)
    My windows system recognizes the phone and the sd card and I'm able to peruse it as normal. HOWEVER, on my Mac OS, I plug in the phone and I get the message "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" with the options "initialize" "Ignore" and "Eject". There is also a 'VERIZON MOBILE' disk icon on my desktop which contains .exe files (samsung drivers, etc) to be used by a windows system.

Under Disk Utility, there are two disks related to this phone. The first is "SAMSUNG UMS Media":
    Connection: USB
    Write Status: Read/Write
    S.M.A.R.T. Status: Not Supported
    Partition Map Scheme: Unformatted

The partition of this disk is named "disk1s1":
    Mount Point: Not Mounted
    Format: MS-DOS (FAT16)

Things I've tried:
    Different USB cables, all available USB ports on my computer
    Terminal force mounting (something like gpt show /dev/disk1... (also tried disk1s1, etc).- No effect
    Formatting the SD card on the phone
    Formatting the SD card through Disk Utility (yielded a working SD card for the computer, but a 'damaged' SD card for the phone, had to reformat the SD card once it was disconnected from the computer).

I would really like to not have to use Bluetooth transfer to exchange files between the computer and phone. I don't want to spend money with programs that might or might not fix the problem. I am willing to try anything that may work, and I'm comfortable with using terminal thought I'd need a thorough walkthrough if there is a way to do this.

I'm assuming that this is a problem with the computer, not the phone. I'm also assuming that a workaround/fix would be easier to accomplish through the computer rather than through the phone.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike
  2. richa610

richa610 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just tried to connect to a macbook (2008) also running 10.6.8 and it worked. Looks like its a problem with my mac... Taking this problem to the mac forums...
Search tags for this page

10.6.8 how to read sd card

droid 4won't mount on mac osx

droid charge macbook

droid charge: damaged sd card error / won't mount - fix??

droid to mac book sd card

how can i read sd cards in a 2007 macbook pro

mount samsung android on mac

sd card wont connect to mac

tried to contect phone to use as modem but messagethe disk y

windows phone 8 mount sd card os x 10.6