Macbook or PC For Engineering School

bryanthecomputerguy

Reaction score
You shouldn't get kicked off this site for asking a legitimate question. You even asked in the correct forum. I would like to think Apple is not a four letter on this forum.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is not! And, asking a legitimate is not frowned on.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the vast majority of people can give a unbiased opinion in this forum. If it was an iPhone4 question, well the responses would be quite different, haha.

bryanthecomputerguy

Reaction score
Even legit iPhone questions should be handled with respect. It just so happens that Droid phones of almost all flavors are better than most iPhones and the Droid OS has a brighter future than Apple's iOS. I am happy for the existence of the iPhone because it has help push innovation. I love my Moto Droid more everyday. I try to help someone everyday with understanding why my Droid is so awesome.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even legit iPhone questions should be handled with respect. It just so happens that Droid phones of almost all flavors are better than most iPhones and the Droid OS has a brighter future than Apple's iOS. I am happy for the existence of the iPhone because it has help push innovation. I love my Moto Droid more everyday. I try to help someone everyday with understanding why my Droid is so awesome.
Exactly, every question should be handled properly! I love my mac but I also love my droid just as much!

cooltc2004

Reaction score
Having graduated engineering school last December, my opinion would be a Windows machine. I know with Mechanical Engineering, I needed to run programs like Solidworks, AutoCAD, MatLAB as well as several others that were Windows based programs (at least the version available to us).

I can also tell you that almost NOONE had a mac for Engineering (I never really wondered into Electrical or Chemical). I would recommend a Mac if your working with images, music, etc but for Engineering, I recommend Windows.