mac user

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by cnul8rguys, Apr 2, 2010.

1. cnul8rguys

cnul8rguys Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so i keep reading these posts for everyone that forced the 2.1 update. (i myself forced the update as well going from smoked glass 6.1 to the stock 2.1 to see how i liked it)

my question is, these guys reverting back to 2.0.1 are doing these on PC's. hypothectically, if i wanted to go back to 2.0.1 on my droid to maybe go thru rommanager to update to a new rom, how would i go about doing this???

thanks guys... ps smokedglass was the best rom i used of the 5 or 6 that i tried. most stable and easiest to install IMO...

2. claustin

claustin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why do you need 2.0.1? I was on cyanogenmod and just downloaded and flashed 2.1 right from rommanager... then promptly went back to cyanogenmod. No 3d launcher and no 270 degree rotation? No quiero.

I did wipe data and cache to be safe, but it all seemed to work fine without going to 2.0.1 through rommanager. Maybe i'm missing the point of your question...

oh and i did this with no pc/mac of any kind.

3. cnul8rguys

cnul8rguys Member

Ratings:
    +0

i reverted back to a bone stock 2.0.1 then forced the new 2.1 update.

how do i go back to having my rooted, tricked out droid??? the update files and whatnot are not working....

4. claustin

claustin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    get droidmod to root, then download rommanager.

oh wait, now i get it. you're on stock 2.1 without root. I dunno. The one i flashed from rommanager was rooted, so it's possible. I'd still give droidmod a shot. Or if you could find a rooted update.zip you could maybe install it. Would the ese81update.zip from rommanager work if you renamed it? I could send it to you if it would.

#4 claustin, Apr 2, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Know anyone, friend or family member with a Windows operating system?

6. cnul8rguys

cnul8rguys Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just tried droidmod and no luck. Fails everytime. Says incorrect permissions or some **** like that :(

7. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    You definitely at this point in time need to flash the .sbf . Eventually someone may find a way to root it, but I don't think anyone is working too hard on that, since technically it is exploitable. But I could be wrong on that.