M8 Developer Edition port?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I have a semi-noob question. If one were to get the regular M8 and not the Developer Edition, is it possible to get the software from the Developer into the regular M8 to make it pure Android?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Wouldn't the developer edition run the same OS as the consumer version the only difference being it is unlockable? That's how the Moto phones are.

If that's the case you will need to wait for root and or s-off before you can flash custom OS's... That's my take on it anyway.

Sent from my Eclipsed Moto X DE

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Wouldn't the developer edition run the same OS as the consumer version the only difference being it is unlockable? That's how the Moto phones are.

If that's the case you will need to wait for root and or s-off before you can flash custom OS's... That's my take on it anyway.

Sent from my Eclipsed Moto X DE

Thanks for the response. I just hate having to deal with HTC Sense. Especially the BlinkFeed and preloaded Verizon Software.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Thanks for the response. I just hate having to deal with HTC Sense. Especially the BlinkFeed and preloaded Verizon Software.

Sense 6 is very light ...simple and you can disable blinkfeed. .plus I ran Nova on the phone it was smooth ...Verizon apps don't even bother me ..I don't use them and if you root just freeze them ..

N3 tap

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I've been using the Verizon messaging. I kinda like it...

I know, I know. Bloatwear. YUCK!