M140 Update Discussion

Discussion in 'Casio G'zOne Commando' started by hAHAha_Halo, Oct 9, 2013.

1. hAHAha_Halo

hAHAha_Halo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I see that there are a few people viewing this subforum, which I'd imagine some of you have this phone and got the update..

What's everyones thoughts on it? I just updated yesterday, so I'm still analyzing it.

Reboots
    So far the reboot issue is better, not fixed though. Before the update, for me at least, the phone would freeze at some point and would remain frozen for about 1-2 minutes, and then it would reboot, and then sometimes it would reboot while it's rebooting, the whole process would render the phone unusable for a good 4-5 minutes. I think I'm experiencing less reboots, and it no longer freezes.. It just immediately shuts off. No freezing whatsoever, I was listening to music and I was typing, and it just shut off, screen turned off and music stopped without warning, the red LED charging light turned off. Turned it back on and it hasn't happened since then.

Bloatware...
    In the update notes, it is what it says it is. V Cast Apps and Video have been removed, but.. Everything else is still there.
    Bing, City ID, Verizon Cloud, NFL Mobile, V Cast Music, Verizon Tones, and VZ Navigator are still there for the unrooted versions. A while ago I uninstalled all of the updates for these apps so that I could free up some internal memory, and I decided I'd update them to see how much of an effect it would have on the memory, and unfortunately I was given a "Low Memory" notice with 3 apps left to update, so it's back to uninstalling the updates. Keep in mind, I'm a lightweight user when it comes to downloading other apps. I don't have Facebook on my phone because of how much memory, cache, and RAM that it takes up all at once, and simply because I don't use it. The biggest app I have on my phone that I've downloaded is Ingress, which I'm so glad that they made it available for 2.3 devices after my 4.1 Bionic crapped out on me. But overall, removing V Cast Apps and Video had minimal effect on storage, at most it removed 2 apps from the app tray.

The only thing that I'm going to say is, way to go Casio. This phone was released in April of 2011 which was over 2 years ago, somewhere around 30 months ago. Most manufacturers, and carriers for that matter, only support a phone for 18 months after it's release. I'm very surprised Verizon pushed this, you would think they intentionally stopped supporting the phone so that people will upgrade and sign into another 2 year contract.. Unless Verizon wanted to push a bad update to make us upgrade. Either way, it's just rather odd.

2. ransomcat

ransomcat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for M140 Root solution

Hi, I just bought one of these on ebay so have jumped straight in with the M140 update. Does anyone have any ideas about where to look for instructions for rooting this new build?

I'm pretty noob, so... Any help would be great!

Search tags for this page
casio c771 m140 rom
casio commando internal memory issues#gsc.tab
casio commando m140

commando m140

commando m140 update
commando support m140
g'zone commando root m140
gzone commando m140 root
m140 update for casio commando
root commando m140