"M" only and unable to charge in droid 2

ryunswank

Reaction score
Ok, this problem is quite complicated.
Accidentally deleted the system apps in clockworkmod and then droid 2 went into a reboot cycle with the "M." Nothing else appears. I'm able to go into regular recovery, but nothing else. I have no idea what to do. It won't charge when plugged into the computer.
Currently it's good for nothing.
I'm going to let it charge over night and see if it'll be able to be recognized by RSD lite.
Let me know if anyone can help, please.

Thanks

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You have the right idea but make sure you leave it plugged in to the wall.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
This same thing happened to mine, your phone is bricked, try charging the battery on some one elses phone then turn on the phone by pressing camera vol down n power then connect to rsd 4.8 n flash the correct sbf check if u need 2.2.2 or 2.3.2. I needed 2.3.2 n I flashed the other one n mest up my phone even more I had to call customer service n get a new one

OP
R

ryunswank

Reaction score
yeah...so I tried what I said I would...didn't work. Idk what to do now...

OP
R

ryunswank

Reaction score
And how do I determine which sbf file I need...

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Well did u ever get any recent ota update on your phone? When you bought the phone it should have came with 2.2.2, and later you should have received an ota update to 2.3.2. Normaly you can check this by going to menu>setup>systeminfo. But since you are bricked there is no way to know u can only guess what sbf you need and if u get an error message then get a new phone