M is for Marshmallow

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So far the battery life has improved and I am not getting the same fc issues. Ill share some ss tomorrow. Other than me needing to get use to vertical scrolling again I am liking the third preview.
I am using my Nexus 5 on wifi so not sure how the radios perform.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So far the battery life has improved and I am not getting the same fc issues. Ill share some ss tomorrow. Other than me needing to get use to vertical scrolling again I am liking the third preview.
I am using my Nexus 5 on wifi so not sure how the radios perform.
Better than Kit Kat? Anything is probably better than Lollipop.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Better than Kit Kat? Anything is probably better than Lollipop.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Lolli 5.0 killed the Nexus 7 not until the last parts did it start to play nicer, still pretty slow. The Nexus 10 loves Lolli, since the beginning, it was FCing all over the place on Kkat.
The S5 started poorly with lolli started, and is finally usable, still hangs at times.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Lolli 5.0 killed the Nexus 7 not until the last parts did it start to play nicer, still pretty slow. The Nexus 10 loves Lolli, since the beginning, it was FCing all over the place on Kkat.
The S5 started poorly with lolli started, and is finally usable, still hangs at times.
My N7 is hit or miss with lollipop. Sometimes it's just fine. Others, it lags painfully. And almost all I ever do with it these days is read my books.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Lollipop made my 2012 Wifi Nexus 7 so laggy I decided to root and ROM it again. I got it on CM12 and it still lags a bit because it's based on a Lollipop ROM. I think I may even throw a KK ROM on it again just for the sake of having it run smooth again.

My s4 is holding up pretty nice on stock Lollipop though.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Lollipop made my 2012 Wifi Nexus 7 so laggy I decided to root and ROM it again. I got it on CM12 and it still lags a bit because it's based on a Lollipop ROM. I think I may even throw a KK ROM on it again just for the sake of having it run smooth again.

My s4 is holding up pretty nice on stock Lollipop though.
I considered re-rooting the Nexus 7(12) and going back to Kitty Kat, but opted to turn it off and wait for further updates. It was simple occupying a dock and acting as another clock in my family room, so I didn't miss it. It's back as the clock and gets updated when I think about it.
I was Surprised that the 10 came to life with 5.0, prior to updating it was a rebooting beast.

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
I stayed on KitKat on my Nexus 7, partly because I was using some modifications on the stock ROM (can't recall the name of the system anymore), but also because I read about some N7s failing (as in, not even booting up anymore--more like a hardware failure) after Lollipoop was installed. No issues at all with KitKat on the N7.

I do like the interface of Lollipoop but on both the Nexus 4 phones in the house, it has proven to be unstable. Both shut off for no reason whatsoever. And they have other small bugs that make the phones frustrating to use. I've lived with it, and I've hoped recent OS updates would have fixed those few show-stopping bugs, but nothing has changed. Since I need to keep it at least a few more months until the next Nexus 5 comes out (and provided that new phone is any good), I am about ready to just put KitKat back on it--I rarely ever had a problem with it.

I wish I could have the full Lollipoop interface but still keep the "core" OS of KitKat. I don't load up custom ROMs anymore like I used to. My old Thunderbolt is doing duty as a spare VoIP phone/remote control/music player around the house, and is the only one that has a custom ROM (LiquidSmooth).

Yeah, I'm hoping Marshmallow is more stable, and better supported. I'm willing to give it a try. Although I am thinking for the Nexus 4, there probably won't be a build for it.