luvin my Droid 4 baby!!

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
took awhile but ive found my way back to ROCKIN a anDROID device, a Droid 4 to be exact. ok first and for most i had to come back here to this awesome site. with the dev community bustin out sick ROMS left and right, you kno i had root my Droid 4, cuz havin a stock ROM isn't all that good....

...having a stock device, and did some research to find what i THINK(lol) i need to have to root.
so i come to you guys for some advice and guidance plz, someone shot me some links or gimme a rundown of what i need to do first, n so forth...=))))

kwyrt

Reaction score
Rooting is easy. Go to the dev section of this forum and you'll find the D4 Utility. Piece of cake to use. After that you have two real choices. 1. You can install one of the stock ICS leaks, or 2. you can install safestrap and install one of the custom ROMs. CM9, AOKP, and Gummi are all ICS based but have some issues because they are running off the stock GB kernel. There is also Arctic and Eclipse. Those are GB based. Don't have much experience with Arctic but Eclipse runs really nice with no issues. That's what I'm running now until official ICS OTA drops. Hope that helps and welcome back!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Get the d4 utility from this site in the hacks section. You can use that to obtain root.
As far as roms go the most stable is the eclipse port. It is GB based and has no real bugs. If your looking for ics based rom gummy, aokp and cm9 are what is available. They do have some data issues as well as other bugs that need to be worked out.

Sent from my DROID4

OP
Droid_Boi86

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks!...definitely gonna look into what I wanna do, thanks for the advice..gonna start with the root, first...then dive into some more research

..again thanks guys!!

Sent from my DROID4 using Droid Forums