Lurker turned addict!!

jssmith76

Reaction score
Hidee-ho good neighbors,

I figured that after 2+ months of hanging around, lurking, and reading tons of posts everyday, that I would finally join your elite group of knowledgeable folks here. I'm going to be upgrading to the Droid on April 1st and hopefully receiving the phone a few days later. And if Verizon delays the shipment and says "April Fool's", I won;t be too happy. :icon_evil:

Anyways, I've been reading up on the whole issue with the 2.1 update, or lack there-of, as well as a few of the other well known issues and they're work-arounds. there's a couple things that make me a little bit questionable about getting the Droid, but nothing that doesn't seem like "new phone jitters". I've been to the tores alot in the last few months, playing with the Droid and seeing how it all works, and I'm sure that as soon as I get it, it will blow my mind compared to the short amount of playing time at the stores.

Anyways, thought I would introduce myself, say hi to everyone, and continue reading and draming about the Droid till it finally shows up on my doorstep.

See ya'll around.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: JS! let me tell you right now....coming from the LG Dare....you'll be in heaven and i aint lying! We're very happy you finally joined us :D

Droidfish

Reaction score
Welcome to the daylight of the forum, I jumped from the LG Dare too and have a feeling that you will delightfully satisfied with the droid. That was in November and thinking back to my dare days(I LIKED my dare) these two don't even compare.

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
btw I noticed you're from The Grand Canyon, do you work for the park?

Nah, I'm actually down in the Phoenix area. work for a custom home design firm in Goodyear, and I work part time at the Cardinals football stadium. It would be pretty cool to work for the park though. Get paid to drive around in a 4x4. :icon_ banana:

Droidfish

Reaction score
Aww ya got me all excited! I was wondering because my wife's brother and sister in law were lucky enough to live on the rim of the grand canyon until recently. I loved it up there. Bet it's nice workin at the stadium though...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! May I suggest getting as much sleep as possible before your Droid arrives. Once you get it your addiction will only get worse. It is like being bitten by a vampire you can't think about anything other than playing with your Droid and reading this forum.
Mike

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
Aww ya got me all excited! I was wondering because my wife's brother and sister in law were lucky enough to live on the rim of the grand canyon until recently. I loved it up there. Bet it's nice workin at the stadium though...

Yeah, the stadium is a blast. All kinds of stuff going on there in addition to football. As for the rim.. I would love to live up there. I'm originally from northern Cali, so I'm used to all four seasons in a year... Not just 3 months of winter and 9 months of summer. ;)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, jssmith76! You've made a wise decision and you won't be disappointed in your choice when that Droid finally arrives! The possibilities are endless for customization. So to take up some time (waiting is a drag), read, read, and read some more. You'll be amazed at how much you can teach yourself by reading the threads here in the forum! Here's a good one about app recommendations.

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Hope your new toy arrives SOON! Have you asked about moving up the date? Verizon is pretty good about that most times. Enjoy!

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
Have you asked about moving up the date? Verizon is pretty good about that most times. Enjoy!

AnneDroid... You might have just become one of my new best friends... I just got off the phone with VZW Customer Care. complained about my current phone's calander not working properly, phone rebooting by itself, dropped calls, etc... "Oh, I'm sorry sir. since your new every 2 is only 7 days away, we'll go ahead and modify your date for today instead of 4-1-10. just wait 15-20 minutes and your new date will be active and you can order yourself a new phone. Have a great day!"

So.. for any of those people out there that say VZW doesn't have great customer service.. Slap this in your face. :icon_ banana:

AnneDroid... thanks so much for your input... Time to go order me a Droid. :D

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ok... phone is now ordered. Free 2 day Fed-Ex delivery by 7pm.... Hopeflly Friday evening I'll get it in the mail... Can't wait!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok... phone is now ordered. Free 2 day Fed-Ex delivery by 7pm.... Hopeflly Friday evening I'll get it in the mail... Can't wait!

OK, since I'm on a roll with advice, get some sleep because you won't be sleeping on Friday night - I can pretty much guarantee that. (Just don't forget to eat.) You will not believe how much fun you're gonna have! Glad it all worked out for you! Now read up on those apps! Have fun!

:yahoo:

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
No sleep Friday night was a given anyways... 2nd job is Friday and Saturday nights. :( but, according to our friendly Fed-Ex delivery schedule, the 2 Day shipping by 7:00pm provided for free by VZW isn't going to get the phone to me Friday evening. the scheduled delivery is for Monday, March 29th, by 7:00pm. that sucks big time. sure am glad I didn't pay for quicker shipping. Oh well, guess that just means that I'll have extra time this weekend for sleep, cause come Monday evening, I'll be busy transferring data, downloading apps and not sleeping. :D