Lucid vs Razr

marcelo

Reaction score
Just received a LG lucid for my wife that I ordered online from Verizon. Haven't activated it or plugged it in yet. But now I see the the Razr is on sale for $99 bucks and was wondering if I should exchange the Lucid for a Razr. I have the Maxx myself so teaching her to operate a new phone would be easier. How do the two (Lucid/Razr) compare in battery life? Worth paying $20 more for the Razr? Thanks in advance!

forumjunkie44

Reaction score
Well the RAZR is definitely built better. The lucid is more or less a Kia or Hyundai vs. a Ford or Chevy. I personally would go with RAZR. As far as battery goes the maxx is the way to go. Price is high but for the 2 year contract it's something to think about.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The Lucid has been considered a budget LTE phone since launch, while the RAZR has been considered a high-end LTE phone (and one that's now on sale). And that definitely shows through in the specs. The RAZR has a higher resolution screen (which is also 0.3" larger), more internal memory, much slimmer body with a premium feel (that's also water resistant), more color options (the white and purple might be something a wife would appreciate), a better camera, and better reception. The battery in the RAZR (1780mAh) is larger than the battery in the Lucid (1700mAh), but an 80 mAh difference is marginal. Smart Actions on the RAZR can make a world of difference towards improving battery life though. However, the battery in the RAZR is not removable, and that's a major concern for some. But unless you're planning to get an extended battery for the Lucid or unless your wife plans to carry around a spare battery, that won't matter in every day use. Motorola also has a much better track record on phones than LG does. Chances are, since is was a flagship phone for Verizon, the RAZR will see a longer period of official updates and support than the Lucid will. Most budget and mid-range phones are quickly forgotten about.

Given all of that, along with the fact that you already have a MAXX (which operates identically to the RAZR save for the battery), I'd definitely say it's worth the extra $20 for the RAZR. It's just a much better phone in pretty much every respect than the Lucid.

Zandar

Reaction score
What bsweetness said. No contest; get the RAZR.

-Sliced from my RAZR

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
What does your wife think? It is her phone after all.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
tjk629 said:
What does your wife think? It is her phone after all.

Forget her just get the Razr lol. No disrespect really, I'd get the Razr for sure. She'll thank you later.

kparks

Reaction score
.. Get a real phone like the Rezound :p lg phones are garbage

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

heavyvino

Reaction score
Get her the razr,and tell that there are people in Boreno that dont have cell phones,that way she will be happy just to have one.::

forumjunkie44

Reaction score
Like I said before the RAZR is built with quality and the lucid is cheap plastic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

mcsoul

Reaction score
Get her that purple razr, she will like it. It's way better than the lucid.

OP
marcelo

marcelo

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I understand the Razr's the better phone but my wife decided to keep the Lucid. Fits her hand better and does all she needs. Also after the $20 price difference, $10 shipping, a $35 restocking, and $30 upgrade fees it would have cost almost $200.

Zandar

Reaction score
You're dead to me.

Just kidding. Well, at least half kidding.

-Sliced from my RAZR

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
marcelo said:
Thanks everyone. I understand the Razr's the better phone but my wife decided to keep the Lucid. Fits her hand better and does all she needs. Also after the $20 price difference, $10 shipping, a $35 restocking, and $30 upgrade fees it would have cost almost $200.

Please let me know when you make a new thread saying you had to get her another phone. Lol no I Really am kidding though.

djspy

Reaction score
Forget her just get the Razr lol. No disrespect really, I'd get the Razr for sure. She'll thank you later.

haha you just reminded me of Monk "you'll thank me later"

Anyway, yes, i would definitely get the RAZR. It's a high end device vs a budget device. Like, do you want this bicycle or for $20 more this Harley Davidson?