LTE Power

maltby84

Reaction score
I did this while sitting at a red light. The Bionic is pretty awesome, but when paired with verizon's LTE its like a strong wifi all the time. Worth every penny.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mp3ster

Reaction score
Dang thats fast! My bionic comes tomorrow, i doubt service is that fast down here in ft. lauderdale.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Dang thats fast! My bionic comes tomorrow, i doubt service is that fast down here in ft. lauderdale.

Should get at least 11mbps in good areas.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
M

maltby84

Reaction score
I average about 15down/15up here in San Diego. My record is 23/20. I hear Chattanooga, TN is hitting 35down/25up.
It seems like just yesterday we were all geeking out about sending 0.2megapixel color pics to eachother. Now, about 7yrs later, we can stream hd movies flawlessly on our phones, anywhere. With the right cord you can even watch it on the 4 ft hdtv (2in wide) hanging on your wall.

We have highly complex, long range, broadband electrical signals that can induce a response or compliance from any machine thats compatible.

Whats next?

I say we rid the world of cords. Wireless energy transfer is the future. Instead of cords coming out of the (insert home appliance) and getting plugged into the grid, There would be 1 receiver/capacitor on each appliance

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is your upload so fast? The highest I get even when my download is 20+ mbps is around 5 mbps.

rbw62

Reaction score
Been reading Tesla....

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I usually get 15-19 ups .. like others said, depends on a lot of things, area, weather, etc ..

OP
M

maltby84

Reaction score
Ya got me. He was 100years ahead of everybody else.

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I say we rid the world of cords. Wireless energy transfer is the future. Instead of cords coming out of the (insert home appliance) and getting plugged into the grid, There would be 1 receiver/capacitor on each appliance

Don't laugh, this was something which was talked about a LOT when fiberoptics came out. Just use one cable for EVERYTHING. Unfortunately, it never materialized. We're still stuck with cables like crazy.

Who knows what comes next...

ruinah

Reaction score
I'm getting identical results. Faster than my home Comcast service!

I'm in a good area for LTE but get really crappy speeds. I get about 5-7 megabit down and my upload is more like 0.05 megabit. I think I have a bad radio but with all the 4G threads it's hard to say. The phone works but I am certainly not seeing the speeds others are seeing. I've had Thunderbolts in here get close to 30 megabit down and 20 up. I still think my phone has an issue with the radio but Verizon basically said get a different phone or wait and see if this magical November software update fixes it.

sqchram

Reaction score
I did this while sitting at a red light. The Bionic is pretty awesome, but when paired with verizon's LTE its like a strong wifi all the time. Worth every penny.

huh, I never sit at red lights, I change them to green with my bionic...

OP
M

maltby84

Reaction score
Im thinking more of a wireless "plug". Like each house would have a hub with a bunch of transmitter ports, each port will have a corresponding receiver. Plug the receiver into the appliance you want and the connection activates. Appliances would have sockets for the receivers where their cords used to be. And the hub would be powered by nano solar cells embedded in the roof shingles, exterior house paint, and windows.

Hey, it could happen.

Anyways, LTE coverage in southern california just got a lot bigger in the past few days. Maybe it happened elsewhere too.

them0nk

Reaction score
Solar shingles are almost a reality, prototypes have been built (yes the thin shingles like the cheap looking stuff...)

Wireless energy was a tesla idea, which he almost secretly did.... and we have since done successfully... i forgot the website for the research projects on that...

that stuff scares me though... lets put a whole bunch more man made junk flying through our air...

i like the idea of the cordless charging solutions... hmm just set your phone here... but i dont know if they charge as fast as normal...

i've yet to get good 4g speeds on my bionic... my work is *right* on the fringe of the 4g area near me... at my desk i get 4g but 15 feet in front of me it drops. lol

Slothead

Reaction score

"Capacitor?" You must mean 150 capacitors (if you really meant capacitors - maybe you meant battery - I don't know). Anyway, that's not going to happen (and I know that you know that too). Don't let Verizon's advertising get the better of you.