LTE off?

ricks

Reaction score
I live in an area that has NO LTE. Is there an app that kills LTE only and keeping 3G on?

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
What is going to happen with the phone set at "Global" in an area that has only 3G?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
What is going to happen with the phone set at "Global" in an area that has only 3G?

You'll just have 3G, although the LTE radio will still be active.

Global mode enables the GSM radio for international roaming. In the U.S., it will have absolutely no impact on how your 3G/LTE radios operate. Global mode does not turn LTE off. The phone will act as though it's in LTE/CDMA mode.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
You'll just have 3G, although the LTE radio will still be active.

Global mode enables the GSM radio for international roaming. In the U.S., it will have absolutely no impact on how your 3G/LTE radios operate. Global mode does not turn LTE off. The phone will act as though it's in LTE/CDMA mode.
Will having it set at Global use more battery? With GB, I was able to turn off LTE and only use the 3G radio. I want to set my maxx to save as much battery as possible.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Will having it set at Global use more battery? With GB, I was able to turn off LTE and only use the 3G radio. I want to set my maxx to save as much battery as possible.

It's possible that it does, and it's possible that it doesn't. If you're trying to save as much battery life as possible with the radios, put your phone in the 3G only mode via one of the methods I posted above. If you don't want to do either of those, just put it in CDMA/LTE mode.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Something that I noticed today not sure if it has been mentioned before, but I did a hard reset on the phone and it put that option back to default. I had to dial in and change it back to the CDMA auto mode from the LTE/CDMA/Global. Just an FYI