Lte gnex battery cover

Bretski169

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just want to make sure I dont have a "unique" phone.

When you keep pressing on the "V" in verizon logo on the back of the phone do you hear or feel a clicking? like there is a little bit of space? you cant press like super easy either you kinda have to squeeze in the middle of the back.

Also (and some of you might find me crazy or are not willing to do this.) when you (not hard) hit the top of the phone (screen up) on like something solid but not hard, like your theigh, do you hear a kind of clicking and almost sounds like a tiny spring?

I realize this sounds nuts but if people can clarify this for me. that would be great as I love my phone and plan on doing sweet things with it.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
YEP! sounds odd to me. IF you are hearing a "clicking" sound on the back cover------ do you have it installed all the way!? some of the small clips can be a pita. As far as the "springy" noise goes. not on my phone.

OP
Bretski169

Bretski169

Reaction score
well the last part I think I am explaining the sound wrong, but as far as the clicking, its snapped on all the way, no clips are out or anything, its like there is a slight flex in the middle when you press on it makes a rickety sound, kinda got to squeeze it tho.

triplejnj

Reaction score
I have the same clicking sound when pressing on the V as well. The cover is all snapped in place properly as well. Might have to swing by the VZ store to see if the display does it as well.

vtnerd

Reaction score
well the last part I think I am explaining the sound wrong, but as far as the clicking, its snapped on all the way, no clips are out or anything, its like there is a slight flex in the middle when you press on it makes a rickety sound, kinda got to squeeze it tho.

No audible clicking noise (maybe the environment around me is too noisy) but there is some give in my battery cover at that spot.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Mine doesn't make a noise, but it has a little bit of give on the back cover. I mean, if you take the cover off it is quite flexible so this is understandable I think. I'm not really worried about it personally unless it can be a legitimate issue?

suliman

Reaction score
i havent used a back cover since i put in the extended battery, it was the only way the holster would fit. my nexus is gonna be going commando from now on.

OP
Bretski169

Bretski169

Reaction score
Okay I have come to learn it is normal for this phone. My friends does the same thing too. I think it happens more if you remove the battery cover and put it back on like more than twice. I feel better now that its just the crappy back cover and mine isnt special. take it off and put it back on a couple times and it will do it. :) (this is stock battery, not extended)