Lower the Autobrightness Minimum

teh_g

Reaction score
Is there a way to lower the autobrightness minimum? I would love to see this in the Liberty Toolbox or the settings. It is the worst when I am in bed and I check my phone, then get temporarily blinded by the scalding bright light that is the autobrightness.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I have found that if you disable auto-brightness, dim the screen more, and then turn auto-brightness back on, that this helps. Perhaps I'm smoking something, too.

OP
teh_g

teh_g

Reaction score
I have found that if you disable auto-brightness, dim the screen more, and then turn auto-brightness back on, that this helps. Perhaps I'm smoking something, too.

I will have to try this out tonight.

stevendbrady

Reaction score
I agree, I'd love to see that either be configurable in the toolbox, or have an update.zip that would set it much, much lower.

turdbogls

Reaction score
i know it isn't exactly what you wanted. but you can download "dimmer" from the market for free. brings the dimness from about 20 (my dimmest autobrightness setting) down to about 10. click the dimmer app again, and it brings back the stock settings of autodim.
Download Dimmer ( Night Mode ) for your Android phone on AppBrain
if there is a hack somewhere, i would love to find it. i use this dimmer app every night, so it would be nice to not have to deal with it.

OP
teh_g

teh_g

Reaction score
i know it isn't exactly what you wanted. but you can download "dimmer" from the market for free. brings the dimness from about 20 (my dimmest autobrightness setting) down to about 10. click the dimmer app again, and it brings back the stock settings of autodim.
Download Dimmer ( Night Mode ) for your Android phone on AppBrain
if there is a hack somewhere, i would love to find it. i use this dimmer app every night, so it would be nice to not have to deal with it.

I have seen the apps, but I am so lazy. I may try this out as a temporary reprieve.

Shelooga

Reaction score
ive been searching since i first saw this thread... nothing. even tried flashing a birghtness hack from 2.315 stupidly. no dice.

does anyone know where to find the file that holds the auto birghtness values?
if so we can just alter that repack it and push it back onto the phone

Slow88lx

Reaction score
AdjBrightness is in the market, it lets you set the brightness all the way down to the lowest possible setting of 2 and all the way up to 255.

OP
teh_g

teh_g

Reaction score
AdjBrightness is in the market, it lets you set the brightness all the way down to the lowest possible setting of 2 and all the way up to 255.

Does this work with the auto brightness?

Slow88lx

Reaction score

Does this work with the auto brightness?
Whoops, yeah it doesn't. I quit using auto brightness, I don't really have to change it that often...really only in sunlight.

OP
teh_g

teh_g

Reaction score

I didn't notice a difference when doing this.

Shelooga

Reaction score
i saw that pete (bugless) only packaged a framework-res file for his birghtness hack. so i unzipped framework and ive been going through every file i can trying to find where the birghtness values are hidden. no luck yet but i'll keep looking

JuanCamanay

Reaction score
In the the menu there is an option to retain settings.
Sorry, yes you can set minimum brightness. I like it because you can turn it off when not needed.

Needs root.