1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Low Voltage Kernal Question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by SlamminCam, Aug 10, 2010.

1. SlamminCam

SlamminCam New Member

Alright, I was wondering if you can install Kernals whenever you would like. I mean I'm not sure if there is a compatibility issues between kernals. Right now I have a 1.1 Ghz kernal on and I was wanting to go to a low voltage kernal with higher speeds and maybe to save battery life.

I know that those ideas might contradict each other but the battery life is the more important of the too. I might stay with the 1.1 Ghz because I have no problems with that speed but just change to low voltage.

Anyways, that is not important. Is there compatibility issues with loading a different kernal. I was thinking about ChevyNo1-1.25Ghz-medV-7slot-update.zip .

I just don't know if I would have to change the Rom to his.
  2. deaf leppy

deaf leppy New Member

You CAN install kernels whenver you like, so long as they are compatible with the rom you are using. Most roms are compatible with Chevy's kernel, so you should be good.