Low voltage causes high Android System?

Discussion in 'Android Custom & Themes' started by Nausicaa, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought that was the opposite of what Android did, it keeps stuff running at all times, right? I haven't seen it exited out to free memory.

Quickinfo shows me the polling, and oddly enough I think that my battery life on P3's profile is better even though the voltage shows its using more. Its rather odd.

2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    The OS will kill things when it needs more RAM for an app or whatever that demands it. That's one of the reasons we kept having redraws when hitting the home button -- the OS was a bit overzealous and killed the launcher. :icon_eek:

3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Throttling, easy, I watch my 3g bars:) Sortof seriously, I found out that due to my living and playing in the limits of coverage area that setting my cpu low end to 250 was causing me problems with dropped calls and lack of connection when first making calls.

Anywho, I have recently made the switch to PE's 3.5, and am having problems with slayers kernels and heat. Combined with my above problem with 3g/calls and setcpu throttling I am back to where I was many moons ago with temp monitor and setcpu in notifcations until I get the heat and speed where I want it. I too have seen some "wierdness" with setcpu's settings sticking or changing, and while setcpu may stop updating, tempmonitor seems to stay running.

Craig

4. furbearingmammal

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    Slayher's kernels are VICIOUS in the heat department. I don't think they're low-voltage at all.

5. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +36
    +1!

DroidForums junkie!

6. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Fur, you ain't kidding. PE3.5 comes with a 1g slayer kernel. Trying to keep compcache and cpu temp monitoring I tried his 1200. My phone has run every 1200 tried to date. I had a major scare. The phone boot looped, generally no big, reflash another or nandroid. BUT, The phone would reboot (boot-loop) in the recovery menu!!! After having a few more swigs of beer and calming down, I pulled the battery, and let the phone cool down to ambient temp. I rebooted and quickly reflashed my nandroid. I have been doing these things a long time, and that one had me freaked.......

Craig

7. neccoguy21

neccoguy21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    all i know is that cyanogen mo for the longest time wouldn't work unless you used the stock kernal that came with the rom. this is always a touchy subject, especially when it comes down to individual devices proving to work or fail on a case to case basis using the exact same set-ups.

8. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know what the policy is with bumping threads, but I tried CN1's ulv and it seemed to drain battery faster for some reason. I have no idea why. I used to just use LV, but now I'm trying out the MV to see if it improves battery life. So far at charging, the voltage seems to be lower than the LV or the ULV (or so battery snap reports).

This is very confusing. I just set it on as usual, and it drained from 100% to 70 in a few hours without me touching it and the wifi off, the Android System was the highest.

9. furbearingmammal

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    That's an acceptable bump. Some phones do NOT like ULV or LV kernels.

10. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Does it have something to do with the ROM as well? It seems that CN1 kernels do not like Ultimate Droid.

11. furbearingmammal

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    Some ROMs do not like some kernels. Some phones don't like some kernels. Some phones don't like some ROM and kernel combinations.

Every Droid is different.

12. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Why is this the case

Fur,
    I just stumbled upon this thread as I have been researching battery life, since it seems as of late there are a lot of people having huge battery drop issues.

Oddly enough one seems to be that when they turn the phone off completely and then boot it up in the morning the battery will have lost 40%+, and it is happening on OG's running GB, FRO/GB blend or straight FROYO.

Not everyone is having the issue, which leads me to the reason I am posting, the fact that every droid is different.
    Do you know why this is the case? Are they different from the word go, or after the user starts using it.
    Since you would imagine everything is mass produced, rather than these phones being bespoke, so to say.
    I had assumed they were manufactured like the old model T or even todays cars.
    But you would never here someone say, oh you can use Sunoco gas, that messes my exact same car up, I can only use Shell. Mind you, they are not talking about grade like 87 or 91, but just where the gas is bought.

Just always wondered why this is the case or how it happened?

If you have any idea or could share any links to info, it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Search tags for this page
5 causes of low voltage
android low battery voltage
android system low voltage

android system voltage

chevyno1 low voltage vs stock
htc android low battery voltage
keep getting low voltage screen on my tablet but its shows c
lag when low voltage on android tab
low voltage lag android

what is the cause of low voltage of an android?