Low phone storage

Yanik

Reaction score
I deleted alot of old apps and I still have low storage popping up on notification tab. Also deleted all messages and now says txt memory full. What do I do now?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The data and cache for your apps also uses the same space. It's not just the apps themselves.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
If you are rooted, (or...maybe this works on non rooted as well as I think the /data/ partition is read/write...dunno) then you can fire up something like Root Explorer and go into your /data/data directory and be more sselective to what data gets cleared. I do this for browser data as I hate pressing clear data from Manage Applications because I lose my form data and bookmarks. Look around and experiment. Don't worry about breaking anything as the worst you could do in that directory is delete all data for all your apps. Even if youj deleted everything in that folder, it will rebuild itself (might have to reboot). l

gmorgan056

Reaction score
You can also try moving your remaining apps to your SD card. I just had to do the same thing yesterday and I moved about 15-20 apps over and i'm in good shape.