1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Low on space?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by dolfanpete, Dec 18, 2010.

1. dolfanpete

dolfanpete New Member

I'm getting a message that my phone space is low. How do I move stuff over to the sd card and what type of programs should I move to sd card?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. dolfanpete

dolfanpete New Member

Also when I look at available we card space was 11gb . Not sure how to move stuff over

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Theres a few threads on this so searching might give you a better answer. Or try apps 2 sd in the market.
  4. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Unrooted, you go into Settings>Applications>Manage applications and go to each app. If the "Move to SD card" isn't ghosted, that app can be moved. Now, the amount of each app that will move varies from app to app.

If you're rooted, you can move more apps. I wouldn't move things like Home apps and some widgets will stop working if you move the app.
  5. takeshi

takeshi New Member

...and don't move anything needed immediately on startup or while the SD card is mounted to a PC.

Don't forget that cache and data also reside in the same space that apps use.