Low On Space Message

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tap menu, tap settings, tap SD card & storage. Look at the last tap Internal phone storage

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
After you download an app tap menu, setting, applications. Tap the app and if the move to SD card is white you can tap and move to the SD card. If it is grayed out it must remain in memory.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
And check after every update, if you want. Sometimes they'll enable SD installation without telling you.

If you move to a ROM like CyanogenMod you'll have the option to install every app to SD during the initial install.

sandfreak

Reaction score
I'm also having trouble with the internal storage.

I've posted about this before but the problem returned.

When I install a new rom, depending on the rom ill have anywhere from 50-100 MB available. But after a week or so I'm back to 25-30 MB. I don't understand what's eating my storage like that. I run cache cleaner throughout the day but it doesn't help much.

Also, on the previous rom I was running I moved all the apps that I could to the SD card, but when I flashed the new rom my apps are back on internal memory. Is this normal? Because I thought once I moved them that they would stay there.

One Other thing. If I use the option on the current rom I'm running to move all apps to SD card. What will happen when I switch roms if anything.

Sorry for all the questions but I'm not 100% familiar with the apps2sd option because before froyo when it was only on rooted phones I wasn't having trouble with internal space so I never bothered with apps2sd.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, three things for you to consider.

1) Internal storage is severely limited on the Droid 1. With that in mind you must consider the following: Dalvik cache, SMS and MMS messages, e-mail, contacts, any non-SD-installed app all eat up your space.
2) 25MB remaining internal storage is actually very good. Unless you're getting "low space" warnings don't worry about it.
3) Apps2SD is handled different from ROM to ROM. Check each ROM out before you jump to it to figure out what you need to do per app. If you're moving from a stock-style apps2sd ROM to a stock-style a2s ROM then you're fine. Titanium Backup or My Backup Pro is your friend.