Low on Space message

SM.Redneck

Reaction score
Month with no issues?

Well, it's been over a month since I last posted on this forum. I've been without issues, since then. I thoroughly believe that my issue was with Beautiful Widgets...I uninstalled that last time and did not get the error after that. Just for fun, i reinstalled the other night and low and behold the message came back within 24 hours...uninstalled, and no error for 48hrs.

BTW, I had Google Earth and Google sky (just haven't used them much), installed...but just in case, no longer.
dancedroid

jblackfish

Reaction score
I tried to root my Incredible yesterday using this thread but it failed to find "Android for ADB" in the device manager in step 2. I posted in that thread but no help so I started over and tried again with the same problem at the same place.

I just decided to reset to factory settings and now we'll see how long it takes to come up with the "low on space" issue again. :roll:

beansurg

Reaction score
I tried to root my Incredible yesterday using this thread but it failed to find "Android for ADB" in the device manager in step 2. I posted in that thread but no help so I started over and tried again with the same problem at the same place.

I just decided to reset to factory settings and now we'll see how long it takes to come up with the "low on space" issue again. :roll:

I rooted with a mac so I'm no expert but it seems that with windows all the problems with recognizing the phone or unrevoked not working etc. is related to a driver issue. You may want to try to install them again.

jblackfish

Reaction score

I rooted with a mac so I'm no expert but it seems that with windows all the problems with recognizing the phone or unrevoked not working etc. is related to a driver issue. You may want to try to install them again.
Thanks, Bean. I may try it again later. I get a little restless trying something over and over. The more I use smartphones the more I just want the dam thing to work - I care less and less about what makes it work. I WILL say the instructions in the procedure seemed simple enough so maybe it's me doing something wrong.

beansurg

Reaction score
Good luck. I'm sure if you take your time and follow the tutorial you will get it. BTW if you have access to a mac you should try that. It was so simple and you don't have to deal with installing the drivers.

jblackfish

Reaction score
Good luck. I'm sure if you take your time and follow the tutorial you will get it. BTW if you have access to a mac you should try that. It was so simple and you don't have to deal with installing the drivers.
No MACS in this family, Bean. I've always heard great things about them - I just never made the transition from p-c. I've used P-C's (in my career) as terminals on large mainframe IBM systems since before there was even a MS-DOS and IBM DOS was all there was. I go back.... ;)

joshspda

Reaction score
It's your text messages. Everytime you send a text or especially pictures your phone is saving that in your application space. It's only about 775mb and it is also storing all of your apps and updates and their cache and settings etc. The texts are the best place to start.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Thank you!!! That worked just fine. I had about 350 txt msges and maybe 5 pictures. Backed up the pictures, and delieted the msges. Everything seems fine now. I started removing programs left and right, many that I would have rather just kept on there. Wish I would have found your post sooner!!! Glad I found it before I reset.

--Josh

SM.Redneck

Reaction score
Another app, I just found will set the warning, AppBrain...had uninstalled it months ago and reinstalled 3 days ago. Low and behold, the waring appeared within 3 hours...uninstalled and have not seen the message again.

RightGirl

Reaction score
HELP HELP !!!
JUST TODAY I fixed my LOW ON SPACE issue. I was beside myself. I could open NOTHING. Every app popped up FORCED SHUTDOWN. EVERY app. I couldnt even get a keyboard to search for contacts
I had to scroll through the contacts. It even stopped listing my CALL HISTORY. That stopped updating last week. Finally after 2 trips to Verizon, they said there was nothing they could do and ordered another Droid Incredible for me. I wanted mine :-( So when the new one came in, I did a RESET on my old one and everything is fine. Most of my apps are still there, although I'll have to redownload a few.
But now that I have the NEW Incredible (I think they said it's a 2) it's bigger, bigger screen, etc. I think I may want to keep it BUT here's my problem. It's really petty to most people but it matters to me....
I use a lanyard to hand the phone on the end of. The lanyard is thick but the part that hooks through the tiny holes is like thick unbreakable string. BUT I can't find the holes in the new Incredible 2.
I had to take the previous one apart to find them, but that's not even working this time.
They didnt omit that this time did they?

jblackfish

Reaction score
Another app, I just found will set the warning, AppBrain...had uninstalled it months ago and reinstalled 3 days ago. Low and behold, the waring appeared within 3 hours...uninstalled and have not seen the message again.
I after solving my original 'low on space" problem by resetting to factory settings (Ugh!) and reloading everything I had (that I wanted) I got the problem again about a month ago. THIS time, I immediately deleted Google Earth, Google Sky and Google Plus apps and the problem went away and hasn't returned. (Make your own conclusion.)