Low memory / Text msg inbox full Problem

GoBlazers

Reaction score
For a couple days now my phone has been complaining about low memory. And I cant receive new text msgs. I deleted my txt message inbox, and I still cant receive messages. I've also deleted a number of my applications and now have 29.8 mb free on my phone, yet I still get the low memory warning and I cant receive messages.

Does anyone know why I am having this problem? Despite deleting all my saved texts and deleting some unneeded apps?

Reaction score
happened to me too. only cleared up after a factory reset. I'd suggest deleting cache from you browsers first.

timmer

Reaction score
Text message full and low storage.

I went through all my apps and only a couple had any cache which once cleared did not help. What does help is to move apps to the SD card instead of having them on board memory. As soon as I did that , I started receiving msgs again. I have a 16GB sd card so I would move as many apps as possible. So far it does not affect the how the app runs.

Go to settings/ Manage Applications
Select the App that is taking up large amounts of storage.
Select "Move to SD card"
And then Re-Boot

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Clearing cache is never an effective strategy in cleaning up internal memory. If you use an app the cache will build up again.

As always, you have the following options to free up internal memory:

1. Clean up your app data -- for some reason everyone seems to overlook data which definitely uses internal storage
2. Move apps to SD
3. Uninstall apps

I went through all my apps and only a couple had any cache which once cleared did not help. What does help is to move apps to the SD card instead of having them on board memory. As soon as I did that , I started receiving msgs again. I have a 16GB sd card so I would move as many apps as possible. So far it does not affect the how the app runs.
Keep in mind that the SD card is not available when mounted to a PC.