low energy consumption mp3 player

omni

Reaction score
So lets say I have a lot of mp3, random names, and I just want to play them as I did on my pc, right click folder, play folder in winamp (or vlc)

and I want that player to not access the internet to download album art and so on, or my gps, or find anything from the internet, so it doesn't waste energy

Stylish, low memory, low energy consumption player - is there one? I couldn't find a topic about this, but I want to listen to music for a long time

also, prefer it didn't require syncing, because when you have a lot of music, it wont' all fit onto sd card anyway, so you still have to manually add it, i'd prefer it by folders etc

am I asking for too much?

mrschmitz

Reaction score
I'd say just use the embedded player for that. It pretty much JUST plays the music, and maybe use the widget to control play/pause. That's what I do, and I don't use any "sync" software, just copy files to a folder called "music."

KuddlKat

Reaction score
I hear ya, Omni. I'm the same way, not wanting to "sync" or use anything besides copying straight from a PC to the Droid with a file manager. My old phone, while it also read ID3 tags and organized songs by album, artist, etc., also allowed for playing by folder. I'm not sure about low energy consumption, but when you want to play a compilation of songs from different sources, it would be nice to not have the Droid sort everything for you.

ciscutux

Reaction score
Hello to everyone. I am a reporter in the local area, and frequent this site to find out what is going on in SoWal. This is a great tool to use, it helps me to keep up with what concerns the residents here. If you have anything specific you would like me to know, feel free to send me a message.

Thanks

OP
O

omni

Reaction score
So anyone know if theres a way to play music by folder? All my music is organized by folders, not id3

Astro lets you select all files in a folder for a example, but when i long press a song and ask to play as music, it just plays 1 song instead of all selected.