LoW BATTERY PERFORMANCE

iamnotjohn

Reaction score
hi, im using cyan v.7, stock 2.1... okay, the first time i rooted my phone, everything was running fine, battery is still the same (i could go 1 1/2 days without recharging again.) i never charged my phone twice a day. but now, when i leave my phone on standby or sleep, for like 4-5 hours it eats 10% of my battery already.(all turned off, bluetooth, syncing etc..) and earlier today, my battery was on 70%, i tried surfing the internet, myspace, and all of a sudden my battery droped into 60% after 10 minutes of usage.. any suggestion or anything? i have advance task manager, setcpu profiles is set to save battery, still the same.. anybody can help please?

and 1 more thing, when i go to "about phone" settings, and battery use option, the display part says 60%... isnt that too much? i would appreciate your guys' help... thank you

-john

DFEKT

Reaction score
I guess we are not getting help for this I love this rom but I'm gonna have to switch cause I get like 6 hours uuse outta my phone.

Darev

Reaction score
I'll occasionally get erroneous battery information on mine as well. It'll show 70% (or so) and an hour later I'll get the red blinking light. I reseat the battery, and then it'll go back up to 70%.

Don't know what causes it...but it only happens once every couple weeks so far.

DFEKT

Reaction score
If i listen to pandora for like 4 or 5 hours at work and surf for like 30 mins ill be close to a dead battery or just dead. it will say on battery use that my display is responsible for 60 % or more and the display might have been on a total of a hour at best. idk ive tried everything

DFEKT

Reaction score
I reinstalled a different theme and downloaded a batt manager seems to work fine now. Also I read other places on the forum that setcpu causes it if you have the widget up take it down. I have used my droid hheavly today to test it and I'm at like 50% so everything seems ok

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Switching to BB v1.0 has almost doubled my battery life, but to no where near what you're getting... and complaining about.

I'll be lurking.

DFEKT

Reaction score
Yea so my battery is back to being **** it seems like if I install a new theme the batt life is good for a day or two but I'm back to charging at least once a day

Buddah

Reaction score
I seem to be having the battery lasting blues as well. Every time I look my display is using 60%+. I'm lucky if I get 1/2 day out of my battery and I'm not even using the phone much. Thinking of going to a different ROM even though I've been liking this one.

Reaction score
My battery still lasts about a day, only a little less than what it was with stock.

And I know that your display should take up 50-70% of your battery usage. That's definitely normal for it to be that high, and if it is a lot lower, than something else is taking a lot more battery than it should be. Just fyi...

vmann32

Reaction score
I actually just enabled the no clock option in blue and I use .07.I noticed my battery was going fast so I thought I would compare and restore a back up.I did.When it came back on my battery life jumped back up to 90 (from 70 which was way to low for 11AM).I usually take it off the dock @ 6 or 6:30 AM and after an hour or so it drops to 90 but stays there for a bit and likely never falls below 70 all day so I knew there was something going on.So it appears with mine it is a display for the battery power that is malfunctioning lets see if it continues after this restore(no clock is still in effect too).

DFEKT

Reaction score
I installed a new kernel on of the p3 ones and it seems to have helped a lot

p0rk burn

Reaction score
Also try disabling the battery percentage option. I was having *horrible* battery life also and found a post on cyanogenmod saying that would fix it. Don't ask how or why, but once I disabled the percentage the battery life shot way up.

DaSpitter

Reaction score
Also try disabling the battery percentage option. I was having *horrible* battery life also and found a post on cyanogenmod saying that would fix it. Don't ask how or why, but once I disabled the percentage the battery life shot way up.

How did you disable it?

longrifle325

Reaction score

How did you disable it?

Go into "spare parts", "Battery status display", uncheck it....