LoW BATTERY PERFORMANCE

Discussion in 'LithiumMod' started by iamnotjohn, May 11, 2010.

1. iamnotjohn

iamnotjohn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hi, im using cyan v.7, stock 2.1... okay, the first time i rooted my phone, everything was running fine, battery is still the same (i could go 1 1/2 days without recharging again.) i never charged my phone twice a day. but now, when i leave my phone on standby or sleep, for like 4-5 hours it eats 10% of my battery already.(all turned off, bluetooth, syncing etc..) and earlier today, my battery was on 70%, i tried surfing the internet, myspace, and all of a sudden my battery droped into 60% after 10 minutes of usage.. any suggestion or anything? i have advance task manager, setcpu profiles is set to save battery, still the same.. anybody can help please?

and 1 more thing, when i go to "about phone" settings, and battery use option, the display part says 60%... isnt that too much? i would appreciate your guys' help... thank you

-john

2. DFEKT

DFEKT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    me too

I'm having this same problem

3. DFEKT

DFEKT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess we are not getting help for this I love this rom but I'm gonna have to switch cause I get like 6 hours uuse outta my phone.

4. Darev

Darev New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll occasionally get erroneous battery information on mine as well. It'll show 70% (or so) and an hour later I'll get the red blinking light. I reseat the battery, and then it'll go back up to 70%.

Don't know what causes it...but it only happens once every couple weeks so far.

5. DFEKT

DFEKT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If i listen to pandora for like 4 or 5 hours at work and surf for like 30 mins ill be close to a dead battery or just dead. it will say on battery use that my display is responsible for 60 % or more and the display might have been on a total of a hour at best. idk ive tried everything

6. DFEKT

DFEKT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I reinstalled a different theme and downloaded a batt manager seems to work fine now. Also I read other places on the forum that setcpu causes it if you have the widget up take it down. I have used my droid hheavly today to test it and I'm at like 50% so everything seems ok

7. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Switching to BB v1.0 has almost doubled my battery life, but to no where near what you're getting... and complaining about.

I'll be lurking.

8. DFEKT

DFEKT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea so my battery is back to being **** it seems like if I install a new theme the batt life is good for a day or two but I'm back to charging at least once a day

9. Buddah

Buddah New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to be having the battery lasting blues as well. Every time I look my display is using 60%+. I'm lucky if I get 1/2 day out of my battery and I'm not even using the phone much. Thinking of going to a different ROM even though I've been liking this one.

10. merlinsbeard101

merlinsbeard101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My battery still lasts about a day, only a little less than what it was with stock.

And I know that your display should take up 50-70% of your battery usage. That's definitely normal for it to be that high, and if it is a lot lower, than something else is taking a lot more battery than it should be. Just fyi...

11. vmann32

vmann32 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually just enabled the no clock option in blue and I use .07.I noticed my battery was going fast so I thought I would compare and restore a back up.I did.When it came back on my battery life jumped back up to 90 (from 70 which was way to low for 11AM).I usually take it off the dock @ 6 or 6:30 AM and after an hour or so it drops to 90 but stays there for a bit and likely never falls below 70 all day so I knew there was something going on.So it appears with mine it is a display for the battery power that is malfunctioning lets see if it continues after this restore(no clock is still in effect too).

12. DFEKT

DFEKT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed a new kernel on of the p3 ones and it seems to have helped a lot

13. p0rk burn

p0rk burn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also try disabling the battery percentage option. I was having *horrible* battery life also and found a post on cyanogenmod saying that would fix it. Don't ask how or why, but once I disabled the percentage the battery life shot way up.

14. DaSpitter

DaSpitter New Member

Ratings:
    +0

How did you disable it?

15. longrifle325

longrifle325 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go into "spare parts", "Battery status display", uncheck it....