Low Battery boot loop

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by blacklobo, Feb 13, 2011.

1. blacklobo

blacklobo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am running SS 4.96 with a Chevy ulv 800Mhz kernel. I have been running this setup for 2+ weeks with out issue.

I have a very frustrating problem. For the past day my phone has been in what I am calling a low battery boot loop. The guess the battery got low enough the phone powered off. So I plugged the phone into a charger. The phone will not power on right away (I am guessing the phone waits until it has charged the battery enough.) After the phone deems the battery is charged enough it powers the phone on automatically. The phone boots gets all the way into the OS and then a short time later powers down (guessing due to low battery). Then the cycle repeats.

All of this while plugged into a charger. I tried interrupting the boot sequence but while in the loader the light by the charger goes out so it does not appear it will accept a charge in the mode (but I didn't leave it here for long). I have tried pulling the battery multiple times. I have tried powering the phone off once it finishes booting the OS. However the cycle has continued with all of the above. This has been going on for about 8 hours now.

Any one have any thoughts?

#1 blacklobo, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  2. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    take the battery out, and boot into recovery (hold x) and recover a nandroid backup that you made.

3. alpine

alpine Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Take the battery out, plug the phone into the charger and start the phone. Once it boots up, slip the battery back in and it should work. I had that happen to me a few times, and that is what I did.

4. geoff5093

geoff5093 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +29
    This is why I bought a wall mount battery charger, since this happened quite often. What I would have to do typically is once the phone boots I quickly put it into airplane mode and disable WiFi/BT if it's on, then there is less of a draw so the battery is more likely to start charging.

I tried turning it on in the past with no battery but the boot loop continues, I assume because it requires more then the USB cable can provide.

5. RoyR80

RoyR80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try re-setting your batt stats? Go into recovery, advanced, and reset(delete). (Do this when your phone is full, and dont charge it till it dies fully, the first time.)

6. blacklobo

blacklobo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for all the feeback. I was finally able to find a mini usb wall charger and that seemed to solve the problem.

It appears when the battery is that low the phone will not take a charge from a USB cable connected to a computer. I say that because the light next to the charging port would go out once the phone booted and wouldn't come back on until it powered down. However once I connected it to a wall charger it booted up, the light stayed on, and phone continued to charge.

7. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
Search tags for this page
android phones boot near low battery

bad battery bootloop

bad battery causes boot loop note 2
bootloop low battery
how to boot lg revolution into recovery
htc low batteryt loop
huawei vitria low battery boot loop