Low batt. life - BB v1.0 1ghz Kernel

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by elninost0rm, May 7, 2010.

1. elninost0rm

elninost0rm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would I have to su and run pete after each reboot, or would it do it automatically? Thanks.

2. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I believe pete says it runs at boot automatically. i don't know if it runs again periodically or not though, but I don't think so, because pete did say that you can just start setCPU after boot if you still wanted to use profiles. So it wouldn't make sense if it was constantly killing setCPU.

3. elninost0rm

elninost0rm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right, I mean using that edited Pete file. The instructions say to reboot and manually run Pete, which doesn't make sense if it boots automatically.

4. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Oh yeah no don't think that's necessary

5. Sing1gniS

Sing1gniS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really think it was the SetCPU update (1.5.2) that was causing heavy battery usage for me. I reverted back to 1.5.1a yesterday afternoon, charged overnight and so far today, I have normal battery usage back. I see there is another update out (1.5.2a) but I'm a little reluctant to try it out until others say it is okay.

6. hookerdj

hookerdj Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    try 152a came out last night i think?

7. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    The pete script is only run at boot, to use setcpu properly the ONLY line that needs to be removed is: busybox killall -q com.mhuang.overclocking do not remove any other lines, only edit them. Some of you may not even have the line I mentioned to remove, after realizing it caused issues with profiles I removed it from many of the kernels I posted. Also the last line that says echo "Bugless Beast by Pete" or echo "NexBeast...etc." should not be there, you can remove that also. With these lines removed you can use SetCPU as you did before with no ill effect.

8. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    pete,

welcome back to the rat race. I hope you are doing better, and that getting caught up in your threads does not cause a relapse:).

I have been playing with all of this setcpu stuff, and your Pete file, and was about to post before I saw your update. There may be some tail chasing going on, as I have found that my Pete script does not appear to be running at all. I came to this conclusion after delving into the various threads, and realizing through looking at my running processes after boot, that many of your scripted kills were showing up in my running processes, right after boot.

I am running your v1 with the smoked glass theme, modded with a few clear widget morphs. I have been flashing some kernels, mostly yours, a few others, and have just reflashed your Bekit approved 1.1lv. Still many of the apps are showing up as running processes after boot. I can manually run your script and they all kill properly. The only thing I have not tried is wiping cache and data in rom manager with the oc kernel update.

So, any suggestions as to get the Pete script working again at boot. I am not terribly hip to wiping cache and data again for a kerenl upgrade, perhaps it is necessary? Or, if I understood where/when the script should be running, perhaps I can troubleshoot . I am asking this here, as my thinking is that perhaps others may be having this same issue, whether through manually modding/deleting your script, or perhaps as a byproduct of kernel flashing or theming (res-apk file).

Thanks,

Craig

9. samiusmc

samiusmc Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Pete, in your next release, can you make it so the remaining battery percentage is displayed inside the battery icon like Cyanogen MOD does? That would be great.

10. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I'm pretty sure this is a theme thing and not a rom thing. There is another thread in this section that has the round battery icon. I heard it works.

11. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's both.

You can change the theme to have different battery status icons for 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, and dead. (I did this change, it was a pretty painless change using metamorph). If you want it to display in 10% increments like it does in the About Phone battery status, however, that requires a more significant change to both the ROM and the theme to accommodate.

12. mekman

mekman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the 600mhz kernal, no task killer, no setcpu, using pete's script and using juice defender. Today with light usage and after 9 hours I've only used 20% battery life. Not bad. Before with the 1000mhz kernal, no juice defender and using setcu correctly I was still having horrible battery life. Within a matter of hours the battery would drop 20 - 30% with light usage only. Heavy usage and I would have to charge 3 times a day.

13. bad4u

bad4u Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After reading this thread i uninstalled my advanced taskkiller and setcpu. I am now using the belkit 800 LV and juicedefender and am very happy with battery life.

14. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Question. Does bb without setcpu still have a failsafe for overheating? I uninstalled taskkiller and setcpu and am noticing better battery life already.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

15. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No. If you are concerned about temp install temp monitor. You shouldn't see any issues.

Search tags for this page

how does the dialer on a casio commando kill the battery

pete's 600 mhz kernel