Low batt. life - BB v1.0 1ghz Kernel

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by elninost0rm, May 7, 2010.

1. jrod1990

jrod1990 New Member

When I modified my file, it created a .bak file for the pete file. It there one in the same folder that says "pete.bak" ???
  2. SupAll

SupAll New Member

No. Nothing of the sort. I didn't modify it, though. I completely deleted it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was gone entirely. I mean, I could do a full reinstall of the ROM as I am using P3Droid's kernal. I would just hate to have to reinstall every app I have all over again.
  3. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

you can just download the kernel from the OP, extract it, navigate to system/xbin, put the pete file into the root of your sdcard and then move it to /system/xbin on your phone.
  4. SupAll

SupAll New Member

I have the Pete file now but I am wondering if there will be any compatibility issues with P3Droid. If there is, what would be the best way to install the kernels provided by Pete?
  5. Phxphenom

Phxphenom New Member

This may be a bit offtopic but it seemed like my battery was not lasting very long yesterday. I reinstalled Advanced Task Killer just to see what was running in the background. Here is what I got:

Voice Search, voice dialer, Corporate Calendar, MP3 Store & Advanced TAsk Killer.

Using Terminal emulator, I removed Amazon MP3 and Corporate Calendar but I still have Voice search and voice dialing running in the background.

Do you think my changes will help? Thanks from a true Newbie (3 weeks since I bought Moto Droid).
  6. cerebrix

cerebrix New Member

for me, any kernel kills my battery and makes my cpu run hot......

if im running setcpu

setcpu = evil
  7. y0manda

y0manda New Member

I am running bb v1, and my phone usually has 60% juice wheni get home from work at 6pm, I take out off the charger at 7am. I have the low voltage 1.1 ghz kernel. I browse for about 1 hr during the day on the phone for 20 minutes or so. Text my wife about ten times a day.

Today has been really weird I went in to work at 10 and got gone at 6pm. Been on phone reading droid forums foralmost 3 hrs, and made 2 calls alll day, its almost 10pm and my battery is at 50%. I have never had such good battery life worth any other roms over tried. I just wish bb had apps2sd. But other than that this rom has been good, oh and an issue with bluetooth with phone calls but I dont think its the rom because it did it with black droid and cyanagen, maybe a 2.1 issue. Works fine all the time with music just has its moments with phone calls
Search tags for this page

how does the dialer on a casio commando kill the battery

pete's 600 mhz kernel